Romantic Moments on Board - Your Stories Wanted!

LauraS

Two years ago my wife and I went on our first cruise on the Pride. I originally was going to take an oceanview cabin, but after a big price drop because of 9/11 I took a cabin with a veranda. So glad that I had changed cabins, having a veranda was romantic itself.

I was painstakingly trying to come up with something special for my wife, so I went on Carnival's site and saw that you can send gifts to your cabin. Eventually I decided to get her a dozen roses and on the card I said "Surprise, this is for the woman that I love." Well when we entered our cabin there were 2 bottles of Champagne that other people sent us along with these beautiful roses. I had my arms full of carry-on bags, etc. and told her to please checkout who sent the flowers and the 2 bottles. Gave her enough time to read everything I turned around and she had those tears of joy flowing down her cheeks, I felt really pleased with my idea and plan on doing something else for our 30th Anniversary cruise this August.

Carnival Pride 8/17/02 (Western Caribbean)

Carnival Glory 8/21/2004 (Eastern Caribbean) 30th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500CQclass.gif

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Chris, your story made me have goosebumps! I am hoping your wife is doing great and everything turned out for the best! Just this saturday my fiances mother had surgery for 6 hours. She has throat cancer and they had to remove her voice box and my boyfriend has been so distraught knowing he can never hear the comfort of his mothers voice again. We are just praying that we don't lose her. We can live without her voice, if it means saving her life. So I completely felt for you, reading your story. Best wishes to you and your family.

Archived