How are the Swans doing 2022??

I ventured to my first AFL game for the season yesterday at Marvel Stadium to watch the Bombers and Lions with my fellow Bomber daughter and grandson. We also had younger grandson with us who is a Lion's supporter. Not overly disappointed with the result - thought the Lions would win by a big margin. 22 points wasn't too bad in the end, although if we had kicked straight, we may have been closer or even won. Oh well next time maybe or probably not as the Dees are our opponent next week.

To losfp and Cruisegroover, do fans attending AFL matches in Sydney have to be fully vaccinated? If so did you have to show your certificate on arrival at the ground?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

To losfp and Cruisegroover, do fans attending AFL matches in Sydney have to be fully vaccinated? If so did you have to show your certificate on arrival at the ground?

No I was not. NSW rules are -

Most premises in NSW are now open to everyone, regardless of whether you are fully vaccinated or not.

You no longer need to show evidence that you are fully vaccinated at most premises.

However, you still need to show evidence that you are fully vaccinated if you: 

• attend an indoor music festival with more than 1000 people
  • if you work in certain industries.

Some premises may choose to require people to be fully vaccinated or to wear a mask as a condition of entry.

Edited by Cruisegroover
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

No I was not. NSW rules are -

Most premises in NSW are now open to everyone, regardless of whether you are fully vaccinated or not.

You no longer need to show evidence that you are fully vaccinated at most premises.

However, you still need to show evidence that you are fully vaccinated if you: 

• attend an indoor music festival with more than 1000 people
  • if you work in certain industries.

Some premises may choose to require people to be fully vaccinated or to wear a mask as a condition of entry.

Thank you. Attendees at AFL matches in Victoria have to be fully vaxxed. I had my certificate ready to show but no-one was interested in seeing it. 

Interesting. Sounds like the rules down under vary from state-to-state, like here. But at this point, I don't think any state require us to show our vax certificate. Might change with the new BA2 (??) variant. I'm hoping we get authorized for a 4th jab before we go off Rome in October. What is the outlook for boosters down under?

• Like 1

Just now, NoWhiners said:

Interesting. Sounds like the rules down under vary from state-to-state, like here. But at this point, I don't think any state require us to show our vax certificate. Might change with the new BA2 (??) variant. I'm hoping we get authorized for a 4th jab before we go off Rome in October. What is the outlook for boosters down under?

Two weeks ago I was in Melbourne and saw Harry Potter the Cursed Child - check in with QR code, showed vaccination certificate and had to wear a mask. Last week I saw 9 to 5 in Sydney and nothing required. Around 90% of the audience did chose to wear their masks. 

• Like 1

It can be really hard to keep up with the varying rules. I hope we have seen the worst of covid and can slowly get back to more normal activities. It is so changeable here, I always carry a mask on my wrist, just so I'm ready. I still wear  a mask in stores--can't be too careful 😁

• Like 1

Nice that they have decided, I wish we would. We are planning on getting a 4th jab in Sept/Oct, with our flu shot. That should keep us current, since last jab was Oct 2021. Although, I think if you claim you are immuno-compromised, you can get a booster anytime. I read a story that vax and boosters are way down here this year. Probably won't help us in the long run.

Yeah vax certs are technically not required anymore but it depends on the venue and events.

Didn't have to show it on Friday night at the SCG for the AFL

Didn't have to show it on Saturday night at Ken Rosewall Arena for the netball

But I did have to show it at the Sydney Opera House for Six the Musical on Sunday night.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, losfp said:

Yeah vax certs are technically not required anymore but it depends on the venue and events.

Didn't have to show it on Friday night at the SCG for the AFL

Didn't have to show it on Saturday night at Ken Rosewall Arena for the netball

But I did have to show it at the Sydney Opera House for Six the Musical on Sunday night.

Thank you. My husband was at the MCG for the first game of the season and had to show his vaxx cert. Seems as if in NSW, it is up to the venue, as you attended two indoor and one outdoor events. 

Saw some vision earlier today of a family who sprinkled some of their grandmother's ashes on the ground after Buddy kicked his 1000th.

And Buddy had the ball returned to him today.

Edited by possum52

7 hours ago, possum52 said:

Saw some vision earlier today of a family who sprinkled some of their grandmother's ashes on the ground after Buddy kicked his 1000th.

And Buddy had the ball returned to him today.

I admire their dedication to the Swans or AFL but that's just a tad creepy, no?? I hope grandma's ashes have a little time to be incorporated into the ground before things get churned up 😉

Glad Buddy got the ball. That has to be one of his best remembrances of playing.

Go Swans!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I admire their dedication to the Swans or AFL but that's just a tad creepy, no?? I hope grandma's ashes have a little time to be incorporated into the ground before things get churned up 😉

Glad Buddy got the ball. That has to be one of his best remembrances of playing.

Go Swans!

Quite creepy, probably on the bottom of people's shoes soon after they spread the ashes on the ground.

Yes Bud was happy to have the ball returned.

• Like 1

Yeah after the huge emotion of last week, I guess it wasn't a shock that we were off the pace all match, and lacked intensity. Dogs controlled the game, and it was only due to their inaccurate goalkicking that we were a chance to snatch it late.

Lots to learn from the match and we'll have a 9 day break until we take on North Melbourne at the SCG.