Regatta trans pacific in April 2023

cruise well

Just now, cruise well said:

Any suggestions regarding going early to Tahiti would be appreciated. Where to stay, what to see, etc. 

You may want to post this on the Pacific Islands ports of call board . That's where the frequent travelers to French Polynesia hang out.

You may also want to read through the roll call for this years sailing which departs 3 weeks from today on April 6th.  There are many great tips though I admit you’ll have to filter through a lot of other content.

4 hours ago, cruise well said:

Any suggestions regarding going early to Tahiti would be appreciated. Where to stay, what to see, etc. 

We went in several days early, took a ferry to Moorea, and stayed at the Hilton resort. Not cheap, but wonderful.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, cruise well said:

I'm on the same cruise, and did it four years ago too. Lovely. Doing the 18 day Wind Spirit hopefully in August for the third time. You won't regret some extra days in Tahiti.

But like 1885rz, I'd hustle myself over to Moorea after a night recuperating in Tahiti. There is not as much to do on Tahiti island aside from a trip around the island, one or two snorkel providers and limited 4x4-ing. The ferry to Moorea is and easy option and the Hilton Moorea is lovely. Moorea to me is second only to Bora Bora for beauty and activities. Lots of snorkeling options, jet-skiing, hiking trails, 4x4ing, sacred sites, rental car and drive the beautiful island, enjoy some excellent restaurants.

• Like 1