Pre-cruise testing.....

23 hours ago, molly361 said:

You can currently book one at a Walgreens a week before you need it.  I just checked and the Walgreens in my town still have a LOT of openings for tomorrow.  That said it would not surprise me if the pharmacies stop testing before the summer.  Hoping the cruise requirement goes away as well

Went this morning for our Wednesday Adventure, easy peasy, just got the NEGATIVE results in 2 hrs.  Rapid NAAT.  Walgreen's rocks!

• Like 2

Yeah, I either read their fine print wrongly or its changed from a month ago (plausible as things COVID keep shifting daily). 

They're now pushing their preferred provider and test so they can get the commission....

Edited by Lane Hog

3 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

Yeah, I either read their fine print wrongly or its changed from a month ago (plausible as things COVID keep shifting daily). 

They're now pushing their preferred provider and test so they can get the commission....

Sort of...

The main page shows testing options as being either arranged by you or tele test through Royal provider.  But if you follow the "types of tests accepted" link on the same page, you see that any test supervised by a medical person is fine.. Doesn't need to be from them.  Basically they look for an official printed report from a lab when you check in at the pier.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

Note that telehealth testing isn't allowed for sailings from Barbados.  This all assumes US sailing and vaccinated guest.

Don't overthink this one.  They spend about 15 seconds looking at your test paperwork as you enter the terminal.  As long as they see some kind of lab-like form with NEGATIVE, PCR or NAAT or antigen, "nasal" and two days or less from that date you won't have an issue.  No evidence that I can see of them picking and choosing test providers.  They do prefer printouts since they don't like scrolling around on a tiny page on a phone is a pain.

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, LeeW said:

Sort of...

The main page shows testing options as being either arranged by you or tele test through Royal provider.  But if you follow the "types of tests accepted" link on the same page, you see that any test supervised by a medical person is fine.. Doesn't need to be from them.  Basically they look for an official printed report from a lab when you check in at the pier.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

Note that telehealth testing isn't allowed for sailings from Barbados.  This all assumes US sailing and vaccinated guest.

Don't overthink this one.  They spend about 15 seconds looking at your test paperwork as you enter the terminal.  As long as they see some kind of lab-like form with NEGATIVE, PCR or NAAT or antigen, "nasal" and two days or less from that date you won't have an issue.  No evidence that I can see of them picking and choosing test providers.  They do prefer printouts since they don't like scrolling around on a tiny page on a phone is a pain.

I’m confused by the wording that says the document has to have the lab name, clia lab number and address.  I referred back to my sons test results from when he tested positive and none of that was on either of his rapid or pcr and these were administered by the Department of Health in my state.  I also looked at a negative results we had obtained as well. Not only that but a rapid isn’t processed by a lab or do the mean the person/facility administering the test is the lab. 

For a rapid test, the key pieces of information they're looking for are

1) Location administering the test (name address phone)

2) Type of test

3) Date administered

4) Results

If it's a nationally recognized chain or a government health agency, that's likely about as far as the details need to go based on the thousands of posts here on the topic..... 

If it's from your local primary care doc, they might want the CLIA details.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

For a rapid test, the key pieces of information they're looking for are

1) Location administering the test (name address phone)

2) Type of test

3) Date administered

4) Results

If it's a nationally recognized chain or a government health agency, that's likely about as far as the details need to go based on the thousands of posts here on the topic..... 

If it's from your local primary care doc, they might want the CLIA details.

That’s what I figured but wasn’t sure.  Especially since none of that was on there. Things change so quickly who knows what will be required when we travel. 

• Like 1

We've used our county Health Department for 3 of our last 4 cruises since restart. Used Walgreens for 1. Health Department was easy to schedule, quick with results and very professional. Worth looking into in your area.

• Thanks 1