Flower Power Cruise

cruisegal415

After several years of being on the wait list, and last year being cancelled, we are finally going on our first Flower Power cruise next week.  Anyone else going? Anyone who has gone have anything to report? Specifically curious about the themed nights, do most people dress up in the suggested themes?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 6:30 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Hi @cruisegal415!  How did the Flower Power thing go?  I did two other themed cruises in the month before yours.  They're a lot of fun and addictive.  Maybe you caught the bug too?

OMG it was the MOST FUN ever! Definitely caught the bug.  Want to go on the Malt Shop one but it conflicts with another music event we go to, Parrotheads in Paradise in Key West (not a cruise unfortunately).  It was a hoot and a half! Yes, people dressed up, we dressed up, lots and lots of tie-dye.  Music was non-stop and excellent! Can't rave enough about it.  First time on Celebrity, not real impressed with the food quality or choices, but ship was nice. It wasn't about the ship, though, it was about the music and having fun with like minded people.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

OMG it was the MOST FUN ever! Definitely caught the bug.  Want to go on the Malt Shop one but it conflicts with another music event we go to, Parrotheads in Paradise in Key West (not a cruise unfortunately).  It was a hoot and a half! Yes, people dressed up, we dressed up, lots and lots of tie-dye.  Music was non-stop and excellent! Can't rave enough about it.  First time on Celebrity, not real impressed with the food quality or choices, but ship was nice. It wasn't about the ship, though, it was about the music and having fun with like minded people.

IMG_5436.MOV

I'm glad you liked it. It will be fun to have another theme cruise fan posting on the board.

Count me as someone who liked the food on the Summit. I've only had the buffet and room service onboard, but both more than satisfied my not-too-picky palate. But like you said, that's not the focus of cruises like this.

I would consider the Rock and Romance, but it's back to back with Flower Power next year and we don't like to be away from our babies (fur not human) that long.  Definitely want to do the Malt Shop but that conflicts with a Jimmy Buffet themed weekend we do in Key West every year.  Are there other oldies themed cruises we can look at?

• Like 1

Just now, cruisegal415 said:

I would consider the Rock and Romance, but it's back to back with Flower Power next year and we don't like to be away from our babies (fur not human) that long.  Definitely want to do the Malt Shop but that conflicts with a Jimmy Buffet themed weekend we do in Key West every year.  Are there other oldies themed cruises we can look at?

Define "old". StarVista, which runs the Flower Power and Malt Shop Memories music charters, also has the Ultimate Disco Cruise. I'll be on that one next year if it matters. Most of the acts on that cruise are from the 70s, but they have been reaching more into the 80s. They also have other music charters; take a look at the full list at https://starvistalive.com/our-events

In addition, The 80s Cruise, which I will also be in next year, focuses on music artists of that decade. They may not be old enough for you, but it's your call.

7 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Define "old". StarVista, which runs the Flower Power and Malt Shop Memories music charters, also has the Ultimate Disco Cruise. I'll be on that one next year if it matters. Most of the acts on that cruise are from the 70s, but they have been reaching more into the 80s. They also have other music charters; take a look at the full list at https://starvistalive.com/our-events

In addition, The 80s Cruise, which I will also be in next year, focuses on music artists of that decade. They may not be old enough for you, but it's your call.

Not really a big disco fan, not enough to spend 7 days listening to it.  We prefer 60's and 70's, 50's would be good too.  I was wondering if there are other companies besides StarVista, who run oldies type cruises.  

Just now, cruisegal415 said:

Not really a big disco fan, not enough to spend 7 days listening to it.  We prefer 60's and 70's, 50's would be good too.  I was wondering if there are other companies besides StarVista, who run oldies type cruises.  

I don't know of any. There might be charter companies that run individual cruises. I suggest searching using your favorite search engine.

23 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

Same here we have two senior citizen cats so we limit vacations so back to back would be tough , I have a brother who lives in Florida so we will do a short visit to Ft Myer after our rock and romance cruise.

• Like 1