Question on Debarkation?

kycruisr

The cabin steward will start knocking on doors around 7:00 am urging everyone out and talking very loudly in the hallway. It’s too loud to sleep, we’ve tried that. All pools and activities will be closed. The breakfast places will be open but super crowded. We usually rent a car if our flight is late evening. That way we can sight see and shop. But if you’re not wanting to rent a car I would suggest taking an Uber or Lyft to one of the nicer malls nearby. You could eat at a nice restaurant (all the malls have plenty of nice restaurants in them) and shop and people watch. Then head to the airport later. 

1 hour ago, cruisinqt said:

But if you’re not wanting to rent a car I would suggest taking an Uber or Lyft to one of the nicer malls nearby. You could eat at a nice restaurant (all the malls have plenty of nice restaurants in them) and shop and people watch. Then head to the airport later. 

Im assuming your thinking of people with no luggage? Think this would be hard to do dragging all your luggage with you.

• Like 1

I read about this here but haven't had a chance to try it yet - resortpass.com will connect you to resorts selling day passes to their spa/pool and beach facilities.  From what I have read, most will securely store your luggage.  You typically have access to the pool, beach (if they have one), fitness center, pool bar and grill.  Prices start at about $15 per person (in Orlando, I haven't checked Miami) but there are also group rates and cabana rentals available too.

3 hours ago, kycruisr said:

I have a 6:00 pm flight out of MIA, how late can I stay onboard ship. ideas on what to do before going to the and waiting for hours. Thanks

I was on the Freedom with a 5:30 flight on Sunday. I had the buffet breakfast on Lido and then sat on the Promenade until last call to leave the ship which was about 9:30. You could drag it out to about 10 if you are literally the last of the ship. With nowhere else to go, the airport was a long and boring wait. The Uber to the airport was about $25 and the driver could not speak English. I did not want to spend anymore money to ride around Miami.

56 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Im assuming your thinking of people with no luggage? Think this would be hard to do dragging all your luggage with you.

So use a luggage drop service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Actually there were people all over the mall with a rolling suitcase in hand. They were at the restaurants, stores, etc. Lots of husbands siting on benches with all of the luggage while the wives shopped. I’ve done it before. It’s not ideal but it’s better than trying to stay on board a crowded chaotic ship as people are debarking. But I usually just bring one small carryon sized suitcase and small crossbody purse which is easy to keep with me. If you’re an overpacker with a massive suitcase this isn’t the best solution for you. Still thought I’d put it out there as an option for the OP. 

You could take the cruise line’s post cruise excursion.  Your luggage and you are dropped off at the airport after the tour.  It will shorten your wait at the airport.

Edited by phabric