What If?

cantgetaname

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Leave for where? Are you symptomatic or not? Look at the Florida Covid regulations ( if there are any). After April 1 you don't need a covid test to enter Canada. 

It's true that you don't need a negative covid test to return, but I assume ArriveCan still asks whether you tested positive in the last 10 days, and you could be subject to a large fine. You also shouldn't be boarding a plane to return home if you have tested positive, even if they don't check.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cantgetaname said:

What if I am in Florida waiting for my cruise and the day before I get tested and it comes back positive?   How many days do I have to isolate before I can leave?  

Your insurance may cover you for quarantine accommodations in Florida, though I’m not sure the industry has responded to that sort of trip interruption just yet.  Or the insurance you bought from the cruise line, which is most likely to support your costs. In light of recent changes there may already be some changes to the ArriveCan app that doesn’t require you to declare a test status before coming home. Why not check it out. And if you’re randomly selected and test positive on arrival in Canada you can fly on to your place of quarantine to stay for 10 days after arrival. 

If you are going in the near future why leave? If you can't board the ship because of the positive test just stay in Florida and enjoy the weather. It will be better than up here for the next couple of months still. Self isolate and get a pre season round of golf in or just hang out by the pool or on the beach and get good tan!  🏌️‍♂️ 🏖️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cantgetaname said:

Thanks for the advice.  I'm not sick, just trying to figure out what would happen if I managed to catch covid during my travels before the antigen test.  Enjoying the Florida weather for a few days wouldn't be that bad.  

Local (CDC) guidance is 5 days and symptom resolution, as are many Canadian provinces. 

Canada (federal) guidance, which is still used for border purposes despite many provinces having shorter guidance, is 10 days and symptom resolution. 

But without the testing requirement to return to Canada, the "have you tested positive recently" question seems more honour system than not. 

On 3/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, cantgetaname said:

What if I am in Florida waiting for my cruise and the day before I get tested and it comes back positive?   How many days do I have to isolate before I can leave?  

There are no rules in place for 

On 3/26/2022 at 6:07 AM, DirtyDawg said:

If you are going in the near future why leave? If you can't board the ship because of the positive test just stay in Florida and enjoy the weather. It will be better than up here for the next couple of months still. Self isolate and get a pre season round of golf in or just hang out by the pool or on the beach and get good tan!  🏌️‍♂️ 🏖️

Yep, hang around for a 4 or 5 days and then fly home.