What's new on board?

Amypooh321

I haven't cruised since 2017.  My husband and I have plans for the Carnival Glory this June (yay!).  I have a few questions.... 

1. Room service used to be free, is it still?

2. On 7 day voyages is there still lobster and or crab?

3. I've only ever done the inside cabins. Is the balcony worth the price?

4.  Best things about the Glory vs other smaller ships?

Thanks!  

I can't speak to your first two questions because we never use room service and we learned long ago that seafood on a cruise is well below the acceptable level for folks from Louisiana so we don't get it. And lobster? Really? When butter is a spice you know you have a bland meal. 😊

As for a balcony being worth the price, each person has to make their own decision. There is no right answer. We do balcony rooms because we like seeing outside, occasionally leaning on the rail and watching the sea go by, watch docking and departure without taking a hike and sitting outside reading in peace and quiet. More than anything else it makes us feel less confined; less like we are locked in a box.

The best things about Glory vs other smaller ships? Again that is going to depend on the individual. Glory did a dry dock during covid and then did a wet dock about a month ago and these days is in good shape so it has that going for it. Also, it sails out of New Orleans so you can get some real seafood if you come a day or two before the cruise or stay a bit after the cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Most of this info you seek can be done yourself using Google and the search function on here. Balcony worth is a matter of opinion. 

OP, you can just ask and helpful folks with the answers on the tip of their tongue will be happy to help. Having only four posts that is probably the best way, at least until you become more familiar with this forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amypooh321 said:

I haven't cruised since 2017.  My husband and I have plans for the Carnival Glory this June (yay!).  I have a few questions.... 

Thanks!  

1. some things are free. Some things have a small charge. 

2. Lobster is on the first elegant night of 7 day cruises.

3. I only do insides so…not the best person to give an opinion. I’m solo and I don’t spend much time in the room so it isn’t worth it to me.

4. I haven’t done anything smaller than Glory since before your last cruise so I’m not the best to answer that one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Amypooh321 said:

Thanks!  

1. Never used room service, we go to breakfast and sea day brunch in the dining room. There's a charge for some items on the menu from my hazy recollection.

2.Lobster, but they are small, order two.

3. We are 0V people but do enjoy a balcony on special cruises, Alaska and Hawaii. 
4. Sailed Glory 5 times. The size and layout of the ship.

• Like 1

Hi Amy. We always get a balcony, I love the cove, close to water and I can hang out on balcony and be anti social.  From what I hear you absolutely need the hub app S they seldom have the printed menu or fun times. You can get fun times at Java blue or customer service but why bother. We just do it on phone. Lobster is still offered.  I have never been in Glory but love Vista. Happy cruising.

• Like 2

I am a cheap cruiser, felt I never spent enough time on the balcony to warrant the cost.  When I sailed solo I booked insides, often a gty, unless I got a real bargain on something else.  Sailing with my sister, I got a balcony when I could, because she liked it.  One feature of the Conquest class is that the OV cabins are actually larger than the balcony cabins, because the balcony space is incorporated inside the cabin.  In fact, we tried one on the Glory.  Now I am back to sailing solo in gty insides.  EM

• Like 1

1. Room service has been free during breakfast on the Carnival ships I've been on, but I think that they charged for room service at dinner.

3. I've sailed in obstructed view cabins and in balcony cabins. I prefer the balcony cabins.

• Like 1

1.  Room service is free for most of the "original" items, but they have some other dishes now that there is a charge for. The room service menu is no longer in the cabin. There is a QR code you have to scan, in our cabin it was on the wall underneath a shelf, you had to be a contortionist to scan it! I didn't have a scan app on my phone, I went to Guest Services to see if I could get a paper copy of the menu, I was told no.  They said just call Room Service and they'll tell me what's available. What I did end up ordering, a ham and cheese sandwich and chips, was not good. The bread was soggy, the chips were brown and soggy.

2. Yes on 7 day cruises you still get lobster on elegant night.

3. When we started cruising we stayed in the interior cabins. Then we got Ocean View. Now, if the price is right, we get balcony cabins. On our January cruise we had our first cove balcony, loved it. So much of the time the balconies are a lot more than the Ocean View so we don't get them. 

4. Have never sailed on the Glory, looks like she's a little smaller than the Breeze. When we first started cruising in 2008 we took the Triumph out of Galveston, loved that ship. It was small compared to newer ships but that suited me just fine. Being in our 70's my husband and I find the newer, bigger ships sometimes a challenge to walk the long distances. 

The main change for us was the HUB being used for everything. Have to make reservations using it for dinner in the MDR and Sea Day Brunch, all the info is on it. You can request a paper menu in the MDR if you want one, and you can get a paper copy of the Fun Times at Guest Services. Once I got used to using the HUB I actually preferred it to having a lot of paper delivered to the cabin every day. I have a new phone now, with the QR code scanner on it, so I should be good to go on our cruise next month. You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise in June!

• Like 2