TA gone into liquidation - how do I pay balances

OK - not unsurprisingly the local NZ TA I was using for 2 forthcoming cruises has gone bust. They are in liquidation according to companies office and the phone number is disconnected. 

We have the bookings - I can log in and see the cruises on Cunard. 

But we are due to pay the balance in the next couple of weeks. So what should I do - contact Cunard? Contact another random agent? Cunard doens't even have a NZ 0800 number so I'm not sure  they deal  direct with kiwis  

I would be contacting Cunard. Do you have an email address for them? If you don't, probably another TA could give it to you.

The fact that you can log in to the Cunard site and see your cruises, indicates that the TA transmitted your deposits to Cunard.

• Like 1

All of the Carnival brands here run with shared services, so a P&O operator could also be answering calls for Cunard.

At a pinch, I would try P&O's 0800 number and they should be able to help or point you in the right direction - 0800 78 0716

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

All of the Carnival brands here run with shared services, so a P&O operator could also be answering calls for Cunard.

At a pinch, I would try P&O's 0800 number and they should be able to help or point you in the right direction - 0800 78 0716

I found their NZ 0800 number hidden in the contract details! The idiots are doing a lot of advertising on FB to me - and only giving me a Oz free call number (which won't work here).  The disparity between the on-board product and the their land operations is frankly quite baffling! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lissie said:

The disparity between the on-board product and the their land operations is frankly quite baffling! 

I have often read similar about a number of cruiselines, with the general consensus that no-one would cruise again if the onboard experience was similar to the shoreside experience.

Good luck with it - I'm sure that Cunard will find a way to get your money 🙂 

Edited by mr walker
pressed reply button to soon
  • Haha 1

I had similar happen a few years ago, however this was for 6 people going to Antarctica, nearly 100k, we had random travel agents call us saying they were taking over the booking, apparently the owner sold the personal details to some friends.

I called the cruise line and they advised they currently had the booking, I could either transfer it to another agent or leave it with them. 

• Like 1

I am so sorry.  Glad you were able to see your bookings with Cunard.  Have you been able to contact Cunard?  I would deal direct with them.  

I was just feeling miserable having spent almost 2 days on the phone getting power reconnected, after loosing power due to electricity outage and no internet due to Telstra "suspending" our account, forcing joining NBN.  Now I'm feeling grateful that I've never had a TA go in to liquidation.  Good luck getting your cruises sorted prior to final payment. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I am so sorry.  Glad you were able to see your bookings with Cunard.  Have you been able to contact Cunard?  I would deal direct with them.  

I was just feeling miserable having spent almost 2 days on the phone getting power reconnected, after loosing power due to electricity outage and no internet due to Telstra "suspending" our account, forcing joining NBN.  Now I'm feeling grateful that I've never had a TA go in to liquidation.  Good luck getting your cruises sorted prior to final payment. 

Sounds like you have bigger issues than me! 

I'm lucky I'm proactive - I realised something was wrong because cruises are being advertised here and I'd had no marketing from the agent.  And the NZ companies registry makes it easy to find if a company is in liquidation. I'm glad I checked now - i have 2 weeks to make final payment. 

However I had spend 2 hours on hold with Air nZ on the weekend because they'd changed our flights and I didn't' like the option they gave us - which now means I have to deal with a Hawaii hotel LOL 

Luckily I don't usually use agents so I'm fairly on top of how to do things. 

Haven't -done the hours on hold with Cunard yet! 

4 hours ago, lissie said:

OK - not unsurprisingly the local NZ TA I was using for 2 forthcoming cruises has gone bust. They are in liquidation according to companies office and the phone number is disconnected. 

We have the bookings - I can log in and see the cruises on Cunard. 

But we are due to pay the balance in the next couple of weeks. So what should I do - contact Cunard? Contact another random agent? Cunard doens't even have a NZ 0800 number so I'm not sure  they deal  direct with kiwis  

Hi there,

Try this email address cunard.aspc@carnivalaustralia.com I know you are in NZ but might be worth a try. Haven’t used it for a few years, but hopefully still operating. 

• Like 1