? About Tapas

Cindy

I read a thread recently that Tapas would be re-opening. I wasn't aware they had closed, but I wondered why I hadn't heard Tapas mentioned by recent cruisers. About a year ago, Tapas got a lot of mention on these boards. Does anybody know what happened? Has anybody been since they re-opened? If so, would you recommend Tapas? We'll be in Coata Maya in about 2 weeks on the Grand Princess. Thanks!:)

Thats odd... i know I had just read yesterday that Tapas was reopening under new management... maybe even a new name, being run by a chef.

Don't quote me on it, but I know I read it here. Me thinks someone said one of the words that is blocked and it was deleted.

Lazyart,

I read the same thread. I think "Mahalino" started it, and mentioned that Tapas has rebuilt a brand new building, (attached a photo), and said Fabio & Carolla (original owners) are still there, and have hired a well-known chef from CanCun. Not sure, but think he said the Grand opening was scheduled for Feb. 21.

Sadly, That thread seems to have dissappeared.

Perhaps if Mahahulino reads this thread, he could reply & keep us updated on the opening of TAPAS, any recent photos, reviews, comments, etc.

Mahahalino . . . can you help us out here?

Chic

I read the same thread. I think Mahaulino started it, and mentioned that Tapas has rebuilt a brand new building, (attached a photo), and said Fabio & Carolla (original owners) are still there, and have hired a well-known chef from CanCun.

Sadly, That thread seems to have dissappeared.

Perhaps if Mahahulino reads this thread, he could reply & keep us updated on the opening of TAPAS, any recent photos, reviews, comments, etc.

Mahahalino . . . can you help us out here?

Chic

• 1 month later...

I will be in Costa Maya the first week of April on the Miracle. I was planning to visit Mahahual with my family. And stop at Tapas for food and drinks. Any information on if they are open for business and if they offer free chairs on the beach would be helpful. I have only heard good things about this establishment. Thank you.

any of theplaces along the beach will offer you use of their chairs/umbrellas as long as you are buying their food/beverages.

We used Tappas-- its located inthemiddle of the beach stretch. HArdly crowded as people tend to go to the ends as its the first place they see.

Almost all places have massages on the beach. Wait til later in the afternoon to get the better deal. We got a 50 minute massage for 20 bucks

We were in Costa Maya last week and walked all the way through the village to Pez Quadro (very nice, no charge for plastic chairs and shade, $5 if you wanted a padded chaise lounge). I did not see Tapas, although most of the little beach bars were not very well signed. Pez Quadro was great. $2 beer, white sand, good snorkeling off the reef a few dozen yards out, good food.

WRONG!!! Old Tapas "always charged a fee" for use of their Beach Chairs even if you eat or drink at their establishment. Probably the "New Restaurant" will even charge more?

well--having used the Tappas place personally.. the only thing we were charged for was what we ate and drank--total bill was 10 bucks for the both of us. and we used the chairs and table all day

We used Tapas last year on our spring break cruise (on the Miracle) and we were NOT charged for using their chairs. We spent the day at the beach, had our lunch there, and depending on who you ask, we also had a "few" beers there! It was the highlight of our cruise!

Maybe using/charging of chairs all depends on the owner of the Tapas Bar, how much business he's doing on that particular day OR, who is "serving you" on that day? The owner makes "all of the rules" it's his Restaurant/Bar Establishment.

Remember what financial needs they "ALL" might have, including the "wealthy owner & the not so wealthy servers", it's Mexico, anything goes!

Archived