Dining reservations

BearClaws

wvacations:  

As wcsdkqh noted--Early exit from the second night CPT's Reception in the Theater is a must should you anticipate prompt seating in CR.  Just sit toward an exit. Otherwise--  

Waiting lines for any dining venue on a Regent ship are minimal.  You show up outside CR's Main entrance perhaps five minutes prior to "Official" opening.  Doors will open.  

Prime 7 is Navigator's sole Specialty restaurant which involves a reservation.  (Smallest, and oldest Regent ship.)

La Veranda (Breakfast and Lunch buffet-style venue) "transforms" magically to Sette Mari for dinner on all Regent ships.  Again, no reservation.  BUT--Sette Mari is very popular, particularly on Navigator.  Recommend arriving about 8-10 minutes prior to formal opening.  Perhaps, one or two other folks similarly inclined, will join you.  This will assure prompt seating at the table of your choice.  

Regards,  

GOARMY!

Excellent explanation of the staff of CR’s due diligence.  My wife has some mobility concerns.
There was a perfect table for 2 in CR that afforded her a short transit and ample maneuvering space to be seated and to egress.   
That table, or one similar, was nearly always available and we were offered it consistently.  She nor I, ever had to ask for that table - or explain the need nor reason for it.  It was transparently understood and graciously offered.

Edited by daetchief
Sp
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, wvacations said:

Thank you for the great information. The other couple (my parents) are quite elderly so it's hard for them to stand for longer periods comfortably. If we were to arrive at CR close to opening each evening, is there usually a line to get seated? If so I would guess at opening the one line will mover rather quickly.

I think we will try and book Prime 7 early during the cruise and then try stand-by a few other nights. Am I correct Prime 7 is the only specialty on Navigator.  I am also assuming La Veranda and and Sette Mari at La Veranda are a buffet for breakfast and lunch and do not accept reservations.

Thanks again.

Sette Mari for dinner is full waiter service with a full ala carte menu, there is an additional buffet with more appetizers & desserts.  As mentioned above get there when it opens to be assured of getting a table.  The Italian Sette Mari menu is an excellent divergence from CR, the menus are posted on the TV so you can decide which venue best suites your taste that evening.

Sample menu here

https://www.rssc.com/experience/cuisine/sette-mari

enjoy

Just back from 3 weeks on Navigator. Agree that Captain's Reception is the only night where I had to wait in line to get in at CR (maybe 5 minutes). Suggest going to the other entrance (not near theater) on that night, or any night there is a 6 p.m. event (Krew Kapers show at end of cruise, Seven Seas Society parties, lecturer). They have hosts seating from both ends of CR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Just back from 3 weeks on Navigator. Agree that Captain's Reception is the only night where I had to wait in line to get in at CR (maybe 5 minutes). Suggest going to the other entrance (not near theater) on that night, or any night there is a 6 p.m. event (Krew Kapers show at end of cruise, Seven Seas Society parties, lecturer). They have hosts seating from both ends of CR.

Or just go to one of the lounges and relax awhile with your favorite cocktail.  That's what we do. 

• Like 3