Stavanger question

happy v

49 minutes ago, happy v said:

Could anyone who has booked to go to Stavanger after May please let me know if P&O are still offering Flor & fjaere (flower island) as an excursion.

Thank you

Hi happy v - hope all is well with you and yours. 🙂

I've just gone into our booking for Norway (in July) to check the excursions and no, I'm sorry to say, the gardens aren't offered on the advertised excursions at present from Stavanger at least on our cruise. Perhaps they could appear closer to departure.  I know sometimes more excursions are offered once on board but it would be a shame were this not to be included.  

I've just checked F&F website and, as I discovered in the past, visits have to be pre-booked and include a meal.  I think they had cruise ship excursions just in the mornings. I doubt you would be able to get there independently because of timings and the nature of their booking arrangements.  

Good to hear from you.  We've been very wary but looking forward to our first trip for a very long time. Enjoy Norway.  😊

46 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

We booked this excursion for our August cruise, but had this refunded about a month ago as the trip was no longer available. Not appeared on the available excursions since.

What a pity.  This excursion was a highlight for us.  The gardens are amazing and the history of how they were developed is fascinating.  

8 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

What a pity.  This excursion was a highlight for us.  The gardens are amazing and the history of how they were developed is fascinating.  

Hello Kruzseeka, lovely to hear from you I hope you are both fit and well.

I looked at the website of F&F and saw they were only offering trips with a meal but I hoped they might still have an agreement with the cruise lines but as thornegirl has said apparently not.

It is our anniversary in May and I was just thinking of options. I wont bother if the gardens aren't available as that was the purpose of cruise. To be honest after reading the thread on vaccinations and tests I think I will just go to Warner.

I hope you have a great time in July and look forward to talking to you again in the future.

1 hour ago, thornegirl said:

We booked this excursion for our August cruise, but had this refunded about a month ago as the trip was no longer available. Not appeared on the available excursions since.

Thank you, that ties in with their website. I just hoped they were still accepting cruise passengers

9 hours ago, happy v said:

Hello Kruzseeka, lovely to hear from you I hope you are both fit and well.

I looked at the website of F&F and saw they were only offering trips with a meal but I hoped they might still have an agreement with the cruise lines but as thornegirl has said apparently not.

It is our anniversary in May and I was just thinking of options. I wont bother if the gardens aren't available as that was the purpose of cruise. To be honest after reading the thread on vaccinations and tests I think I will just go to Warner.

I hope you have a great time in July and look forward to talking to you again in the future.

Sounds like a special anniversary. Congratulations and enjoy your celebrations whatever you decide.  🤗

• Thanks 1