April 3 - 10 Encore , thoughts.

Ray4Fun

On 4/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, hallux said:

This seems to happen a lot.  I don't know how often RCI missed theirs before the pier was built (I was there during the construction and we made the stop).

I agree. Same happened on our Encore cruise in Jan. Have been to Royal's Perfect Day at Coco Cay twice, and it is awesome. I wish Royal would just dock there overnight and let us have 2 days there. Or, a hotel - would pay to stay there. 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:27 PM, sberg23 said:

- For those planning to dine in Onda, expect it to be LOUD.  Like, unnecessarily loud.  Unlike all other NCL dining restaurants that we can recall, this new restaurant has no carpeting, no curtains, no tablecloths and no upholstered chairs.  Nothing to dampen the sound that radiates off the wooden and marbled floors and walls.  And as an added bonus, all kitchen noises radiate into the restaurant.  Even the noisy icemaker (what repeatedly sounded like ice pouring) and accidental plate and tray drops.  One passenger in particular made his dissatisfaction with the noises to staff quite clear.  That was our evening's entertainment.  Just something to be mindful of to help set expectations when you dine there.

- Very surprisingly, The District had no porters or stouts (other than bottled Guinness).  That was surprising since we did not experience the same on prior cruises and even have experienced Left Hand Milk Stout on Nitro tap.  Definitely a disappointment for us as we do not drink IPAs or most light ales (blah).  And did it really need to be that freezing cold in this ship's version of The District?  Multiple days it gave the Thermal Suite's Snow Room a run for its money.

You'd think by now designers would have planned for this with Onda. Bummer, as on a crowded night, that could really impact my enjoyment of the meal.

As for The District, I've been wondering if brewery production issues would impact them, but given the can shortage is a big driver of supply issues, I wouldn't think it would be as much of an issue for kegs. Hopefully it's a distributor issue and not a poor menu execution issue.