Just booked our next one... Price drop question

Just put the deposit down on our second Royal cruise - 10 night Southern Caribbean December 16th on Vision. Anyone have experience with the Best Price Price Guarantee program? Seems to be the replacement to the Cruise With Confidence program, so hasn't been out long? Or is this a return to a previous policy for them? Any insight and guidance is appreciated! Looks like you just call and request the difference in new price as onboard credit up to the final payment date? 

20 minutes ago, CruiserLucas said:

Or is this a return to a previous policy for them? 

Looks like you just call and request the difference in new price as onboard credit up to the final payment date? 

Yes.

No, your final payment amount goes down or you should get a refund if fully paid.

I called yesterday for a price drop and the agent said he wasn’t able to do it. That my price was final? I’m way ahead of final payment. He said the system wouldn’t allow it. I didn’t feel like calling back so who knows if he was right.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I called yesterday for a price drop and the agent said he wasn’t able to do it. That my price was final? I’m way ahead of final payment. He said the system wouldn’t allow it. I didn’t feel like calling back so who knows if he was right.

I would call back and if told again that my "price was final", I would question why...

• Thanks 1

Well, I got the definitive first-hand answer to my question tonight! 🤣 The price dropped over a $100/person from when I booked yesterday, so called and got it updated. Took almost an hour, but the agent was helpful and friendly.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:59 AM, CruiserLucas said:

Just put the deposit down on our second Royal cruise - 10 night Southern Caribbean December 16th on Vision. Anyone have experience with the Best Price Price Guarantee program? Seems to be the replacement to the Cruise With Confidence program, so hasn't been out long? Or is this a return to a previous policy for them? Any insight and guidance is appreciated! Looks like you just call and request the difference in new price as onboard credit up to the final payment date? 

The best price guarantee program has been around before CWC.

It really only is ever used by someone who books after final payment and sees a lower price on Royals website within 48 hours

Bookings that are before final payment can be repriced.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:56 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I called two days ago and got a very nice price drop on our April 2023 cruise. If the cruise you’re looking at a price drop on is still lower than what you’re already booked at, call back. It took the agent I reached a few minutes, but he got my price drop done. The price has since gone up to more than my original price. 

EDIT: I was curious so I just checked again and the price on my cabin is back down to the price I got with my price drop. Check yours. If it’s a lower price than you paid, call again. I like to get a screen shot of the lower price before I call so I can refer to it when speaking to the agent.

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

Cruising on Ovation May 13th, final payment was made. Noticed a price drop and called. We have 2 staterooms booked and a $350.00 per stateroom OBC will be applied. I was told it could take up to 2 weeks to show up. The call was almost an hour but we’ll worth it!

• Like 1

I've never had a problem receiving the lower rate when I see a price drop. I use a TA so she does all of the work for me. Almost all of the price drops have been before final payment so when that happens, my final payment cost goes down. On our cruise 3 weeks ago, I found a price reduction after final payment and we were given OBC for the difference in price.

• 2 weeks later...

As an example, we were booked on the Ovation last September. After final payment, the price on our cabin went down $1309.00. I called, not really expecting much. Lo and behold, I received $1309.00 OBC for that cruise. It took about 3 days to show up on my planner.

25 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Any price drop after final payment will result in an OBC. The was their policy before covid and it still applies today.

There were no price drops after final payment pre COVID and there likely won't be after CWC expires.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

No, any price drop before final payment will result in a price reduction. Any price drop after final payment will result in an OBC. The was their policy before covid and it still applies today.

Only if you booked under CWC.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

Best Price Guarantee

For sailings booked by March 31, 2022 that depart by September 30, 2022, our Best Price Guarantee gives you an adjustment if you spot a better price on your cruise. So you’re ensured to get the best value. Give us a call up to 48 hours before your sail date and you’ll receive the price difference as an onboard credit or rate adjustment — it’s your choice. 

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Is OBC for price drops (not the old 48 hour policy) after final payment only valid for cruises booked by 3/31/22?

In other words, is the enhanced price drop option (for OBC) only valid for cruises that qualify for CWC (book by 3/31/22, sail by 9/30/22)?

Answering my own question.  😄

As of now, OBC for price drops after final payment only applies for sailings that qualify for CWC.