? 2008 cruises

palolake

X and RCCL release their schedules in April-June. They come out a little at a time first with the Alaskan itineraries followed by Bermuda and Europe. Last will be the Caribbean 2007 - 2008 season and the repositioning cruises.

In the meantime all we can do is wait.

X and RCCL release their schedules in April-June. They come out a little at a time first with the Alaskan itineraries followed by Bermuda and Europe. Last will be the Caribbean 2007 - 2008 season and the repositioning cruises.

In the meantime all we can do is wait.

Hi Rick !

I hope you saw my post earlier... congrats on your new baby. I hope everyone is doing great !

Quick question... is it certain they will be released in that order ? Or, is that based on previous years. Just curious. Thanks again !

When the next set of schedules are announced it will only go until April 2008 at the latest. Also based on past experience, you might have to wait until late June, early July for the complete May 07 - April 08 schedule to be available. (Our fall 2005 trans was not listed until July 04.) For later 08 schedules (May and after), you will have to wait until the same time in 2007.

Quick question... is it certain they will be released in that order ? Or, is that based on previous years. Just curious. Thanks again !

Andy,

All is well, just learning to live with less sleep.

The order I posted was based on the way they released the schedules the last two years. My guess in Alaska and Bermuda are two of the easier itineraries to schedule. Plus they are at the begining of the schedule year.

Andy,

All is well, just learning to live with less sleep.

The order I posted was based on the way they released the schedules the last two years. My guess in Alaska and Bermuda are two of the easier itineraries to schedule. Plus they are at the begining of the schedule year.

Hi Rick !

Glad to hear all is well. Your answer made good sense. I do hope there will be some positive surprises for next year.

I was farily disappointed with this year's schedule, and they do need to come up with some new ideas... especially in the Caribbean.

I strongly feel Millennium's itinerary needs a major overhaul. I would love to see her current itinerary replaced with an alternating 7 night eastern/western caribbean, with several new ports, and NO MORE Casa De Campo please !!! It's enough already.

I wish that Century would be doing something other than 4/5 night sailings. I feel Century should be doing 7 night sailings, and they should throw in a few 9/10 night sailings, for those who want longer sailings. Another option.... In 2004, Summit exprimented with a 7/4/10 night series of sailings (that sold very well). I feel that would be a great idea for Century. It would offer something for everyone.

I feel that if Celebrity feels they MUST do shorter sailings, it should be left to Zenith or another C-Class Ship (Mercury ?).

I would rather see Celebrity not do shorter sailings at all. IMHO, shorter sailings should be left to Royal Caribbean, as they have plenty of ships in their fleet. Celebrity does not have that luxury. Hopefully, we will know Celebrity's plans soon.

Andy,

There are two reasons Century is doing the 4 & 5 Night cruises. One, the Zentih was selling very well and they needed more births Two, they are using the shorter sailings to attract new cruisers to Celebrity and the newly refurbished Century will give them a better feel as to what X has to offer. It has more of the X feel. Now, I'm not knocking Zenith, but Century has so many more features. than does Zenith.

To be honest with you, I don't know how good the shorter sailings are for X and their employees. I have friends currently working on the Zenith and they are incredibly fatigued. The shorter cruises are just too rough on the employees. I feel they will lose a lot of good employees who just can't take the 4 & 5 night itineraries.

Is it true that the price goes up quite a bit as time goes on?

I usually does. The nice thing about booking early is you lock in the price. If for some reason the price goes down, your agent can rebook you at the lower price. It's a nice way to ensure you get the best price. Booking onboard is another way to save money as you get shipboard credit for the cruise you booked.

Andy,

There are two reasons Century is doing the 4 & 5 Night cruises. One, the Zentih was selling very well and they needed more births Two, they are using the shorter sailings to attract new cruisers to Celebrity and the newly refurbished Century will give them a better feel as to what X has to offer. It has more of the X feel. Now, I'm not knocking Zenith, but Century has so many more features. than does Zenith.

To be honest with you, I don't know how good the shorter sailings are for X and their employees. I have friends currently working on the Zenith and they are incredibly fatigued. The shorter cruises are just too rough on the employees. I feel they will lose a lot of good employees who just can't take the 4 & 5 night itineraries.

Hi Rick !

As always, all your comments make good sense. I am not disputing any of it... but I strongly feel that Century could do much better and get more per-diems if she was doing longer sailings. It almost seems as if they are using her as a loss leader for next season, to get the shorter Cruise passenger. While I am sure there is at least some logic to it, it is very hard to defend this idea, when she can be used more profitably with longer sailings.

I also agree with your comments, that the shorter Cruises are rough on the Ship's crew. I truly hope they do not lose good employees due to the short itinerary. I know everyone on Century was VERY unhappy about the prospect of doing short sailings. I hope they dont kill the wonderful morale that the Century crew has now.

By the way... Holland America came out with their 2007 Caribbean schedule, and I hate to say it, but IMHO, Celebrity has much to worry about. They were VERY creative with their itineraries, and have all sorts of new ideas and new ports for the Caribbean. They also have an awesome 7 night Caribbean that goes to Aruba and Curacao, and a 10 night that does a partial Canal and back to Ft Lauderdale.

In addition, they have several of their ships doing staggered length itineraries. For example, one of their ships is doing a few different 7 night itineraries, mixed in with 3 & 4 night sailings. Another ship, has 7 night, 14 night, and 10 night sailings. This is EXACTLY what I have been screaming (for the past 3 years) that Celebrity needs to do.

I have to wonder why most Cruise Lines can come out with a Fall 2007 schedule now, and Celebrity always seems to be a few months later than some of their competition. Why let everyone else get a jump on them ? It makes NO sense to me.

It is a real shame that Celebrity has not been able to react to what most of us seem to want, and get more creative with their itineraries. After seeing HAL's new schedules, I feel this season will be crucial for Celebrity to come out with a winning schedule. I truly hope they do, or they will risk losing business to the competition. I would think they do not want that to happen.

Andy,

Between the lack of innovative itineraries and ever increasing prices, I have booked a cruise with Princess. Of course, it's even better when you realize we are going to visit on former X employee on the Caribbean Princess. X continues to lose good employees to the other lines. I have made a lot of

The itinerary isn't anything special, but it's a new ship and a great price. Inside cabins starting at $599 and balconies starting at $849. How can you beat it?

You are right about X could have done better with Century, but they didn't. Surprise Surprise

Andy,

Between the lack of innovative itineraries and ever increasing prices, I have booked a cruise with Princess. Of course, it's even better when you realize we are going to visit on former X employee on the Caribbean Princess. X continues to lose good employees to the other lines. I have made a lot of

The itinerary isn't anything special, but it's a new ship and a great price. Inside cabins starting at $599 and balconies starting at $849. How can you beat it?

You are right about X could have done better with Century, but they didn't. Surprise Surprise

Hi Rick !

I hope you have a great time on your Cruise. I agree that it is a very good price. Very hard to beat.

As for your Century comments, of course I totally agree. I truly hope we will see some nice improvements in the 2007/2008 schedule. I also hope they come out a bit earlier this year, as many of the other Cruise Lines seem to be coming out a bit earlier than usual.

I understand why people keep asking . The other lines come out with their itineraries and repeat cruisers want to either lock up a good price or a great cabin. With what appears to be average itineraries, I have started looking at the other lines and I'm an X diehard. But to get to some of the other ports out there you have to

Hi Rick & Andy!

I certainly have to agree with you both. Great points! after sailing exclusively with X (12 times + Bermuda this summer), we've also booked Princess for this November on the new Crown; & for a very reasonable fare for a balcony cabin.

Andy, I checked out those new Holland America itineraries for 2007 & they are VERY interesting! I really think that Celebrity has to step up in regard to their Caribbean schedules. They are missing the boat!:(

Archived