So no candy from the Bunny

Just a day to enjoy that's Sunny

So checking in today  hoping for a Loss

Next Thursday I want the same by being the Boss

H--Hug someone

A--Appreciate your family and friends

P--Please enjoy the day

P--Play ( means exercise some)

Y--Your important to all around you (take care of yourself)

E--Eat Less (you can do it)

A--Air (walk outside)

S--Smile (others will smile back)

T--Talk to family  or a friend (tell them you love them)

E--Eggs (not candy ones) Hard boiled ones It's Easter

R--Remember your special (take care of your self)

• Like 1

Good morning Belle.  Not getting on scale,  still have not seen any loss from surgery so will give the scale a break for a few weeks. 

i feel great.  Sleeping well.  Walking back up to 2.5 - 3 miles in the morning.  

have appt with pcp today ( 4 weeks since post op syncope  episode)

sure she will want me to see cardiologist but will decline  - sure it was related to surgery.

Good Afternoon

Ombud your Passover starts today. Hope everything goes as you planned.

Happy Easter to all on Sunday.

This week lost maybe a half a pound. Hope to have a better loss next week.

Got back from our cruise last night (was gone for 14 days) - had a great time with DH, DB & DSIL - we ate alot (and I mean lots and lots).  I am not going to weigh myself this week, but will try to weigh next Thursday - DH weighed and said he has gained 11 pounds .... Yikes!

My DSIL and I are going to be Facebook chat (messenger) buddies and use each other as inspiration (we both need it!).

Don't give up on this board - people will return/start, etc.  Cruising is starting to get back to semi-normal!   Jan   

Jan Welcome Back.  Glad you had a good 2-week cruise with family.

Yes, food and cruising go together, sometimes we do better than other

times. If you're up know you'll get it off.

Not giving up yet but if people don't come in to talk, to say how their doing, weigh in, give tips, ask advice -- what's the point?

Happy Easter and Happy Passover to those who celebrate one or the other.

Thanks for the welcome back Belle!!!   I am swaying to the music and I will probably be swaying for about 2 weeks --- that is the only thing I'm not fond of with cruising.  Happens to some and not to others!  Haven't found anything that will make it stop except for time.

I need to start a plan on weight loss ... I think that I will start tracking calories, etc again.  I have asked DH if he would be willing to do some exercises with me daily .... just light things like a few sit-ups and perhaps a plank ... nothing major - even chair exercising for arms could be good.  We will see if it happens.  

My son has been doing keto and they did quite well with it ... but decided that they were going to do regular eating now and will count calories and try to get more exercise - Keto worked, but it is too difficult to keep doing (for them) and it is easy to get the weight to come back on.

It has stopped snowing here (except it might snow on Tuesday) my plants are coming up and the lilacs have buds on them.  I am so looking forward to getting out and playing in the garden.

Hope all who celebrate have a lovely Easter - we are meeting some of the kids for brunch today (why do family times seem to include food?)!!!!    Jan

HAPPY EASTER … 

PCP appt went very well. No mention of cardiology.   She drew some blood every well.   

I feel great.  Walking is slow closer  to 2-2.5 miles a day.   Cleaned garage  and spare room.   My son will use as an office, he can work remotely so he travels ALOT for pleasure and girlfriend lives in Utah.   

anxious for June cruise and by then I should have a better idea concerning final belly appearance.  Still have some swelling and sounds like it takes 3-6 months for final appearance.  

everyone be safe and  don’t eat all your Easter goodies in one day.

HI all!

Sorry to be late checking in but had company over Easter. This was the 1st time in 5 years that our whole family got together. My oldest DD & s/o had to drive 13 hours to get here.

I did weigh Thursday & was surprised that I was down 0.8 lbs so that was a nice surprise!

Probably gained it back this week with a lovely prime rib roast then a turkey dinner with all the trimmings plus Black Forest birthday cake for DH who turns 80 in 6 days.

Jan ~ so great you can cruise with family. Nice to make memories together.

Have a good week & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jo - how lovely that you got to spend time with all your family - that is so wonderful.  Happy milestone birthday to your DH - time goes by quickly - I will turn 70 this year (don't know how that happened).  Your meals sounded lovely - I love prime rib!!!  When is your next cruise?  Jan

Wishing everyone a good Monday. Sounds like everyone had a great Easter.

Had a quiet one with my daughter. Son was on a cruise, daughter and I didn't

want to out so we had take out. Was happy justtalking.

Jan you mean you get--sea legs, never heard of swaying to the music. I'm lucky

never feel different getting off a ship. Hope you feel better now.

I know eating is so much better then dieting especially food is every where.

Izena glad your doc appt went well. Hate to have my blood taken, hate needles

of any kind.  Your doing so good in your walking and now cleaning. Is your son

going to live with you or just use the office? Cruise in June, where to?

Jo good to see you. So nice you had your whole family around for Easter. What a Joy!

Sounds like a great dinner and birthday cake for husband. Maybe no gain your kept it

off with the excitement of everyone together and you were busy. 

Ombud where are you? Are you busy getting ready for your cruise Sat.?  You'll

like the Ruby. The crew are vert friendly. and helpful. Were very good to me.

Hope your Passover days went well.

Everyone have a good week.

Belle - what I get is called Mal de debarquement  and it lasts about 2 weeks.  It happens every time that I get off a cruise - It becomes a little annoying after awhile - All I want to do is sleep.  I've talked with others from cruising who get the same thing.  Jan

Jan sorry it lasts soo long.  I take Dramamine everyday on cruise just as a precaution.  I used to get something similar when I was little we use to roller skate in the basement for hours - take off skates and still feel like I was skating.

Belle - since both of Jim’s roommates ( his daughter and a friend) had to perform cpr within 4 days.  I decided  my GD shouldn’t have to be afraid every time he slept in.   Since my son can work remotely and only make site visits he vacations a lot.   (GF lives in Utah, and he likes outdoor activities.)  He will live here.  We are very close - Jazzper 🐈 loves company.

I m dog sitting by default.  An opinionated dog park person poorly planned   Her post op course after total hip.  Thought she would be walking out of hospital same day.   Her dog loves to walk trails with me and Jazzper.  Another person took him but when she stopped walking before I did this dog pulled out of his harness.  So I just kept him (lives close) he is a very sweet dog. 

Yay mask mandates have been lifted.   I won’t wear on next cruise since it only has 150 passengers and mostly retired people.  

got into  into cookies last night.  Need to get back on track.  

10 hours ago, Belle said:

Jan sorry you have this every time you cruise. I'm glad it doesn't keep you from cruising.

Do you have another cruise booked for this year?  

We have a b2b to Alaska on NCL in August - first leg is only 5 night (Seattle/Victoria/Ketchikan) - first day on ship will be our 49th anniversary.  Then we stay on ship for a 9 night (Seattle/Victoria/Ketchikan/Sitka/Icy Strait/Skagway/Juneau/cruise Hubbard Glacier.)  Not in that order though.   We have never been to Alaska and it is DH's bucket list.  I am looking forward to it.

In the beginning of December we are doing a 9 night - NCL Caribbean cruise with our youngest son and his DH.  There will be new ports for us.  We always have a wonderful time cruising with them.  I'm looking forward to it.  I never feel as if I have to entertain them ... we are doing excursions together - but if I/we want to do something different there is never a problem with saying "see you later".  

Next year we also have 2 cruises booked.  The one to Italy/Greece I am starting to worry about - haven't been there before, don't speak the language, have no idea where to get euros in Bangor Maine, getting to the port in Rome, and am getting to the age where I am not as comfortable with the unknown.   I guess I have a lot of planning to do. 

Most laundry is done, many items put away but still seem to have a spare bedroom with tons of cruise items all over the bed.  Its nice to be home and see all the kids.  Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Early good morning to all. Can't sleep but will try again.

Just thought I would come in and say Hi and tell you I

hope you all have a good day.

I (knock on wood) never get seasick or feel anything after. Izena and Jan sorry

you do.

Izena nice your taking care of the dog. Sweet of you. Will be nice you'll have your son

there sometimes. It is nice, isn't it? Was your son that needed the cpr?  His daughter upset.

150 people is small cruise, but I think I might still wear a mask, really depends on where things are

at cruise time. A big ship for sure at this time.

Everything being stopped but people are getting the virus more. Not in hospital. thank goodness.

My opinion only.

Jan hope your feeling better today. You will love Alaska, it's beautiful! Husband will be happy.

I've gone many times and I'm going many this summer too. I'm going to Hawaii in Dec. Have nothing

planned for next year.

Keep your cruise to Italy and Greece. I love Greece!  You don't need to know their language.

All the places you go they will speak english. Plus it's easy to learn a few words. Can get

Euro's from your bank or look at different sites for the exchange. Use the ship's bus to get 

you from the airport to the cruise ship. The cruise port from Rome is 90 minutes.

Ombud even if busy getting ready for your cruise come in and say Hi.

Jo getting ready for husbands birthday or was Easter his birthday celebration?

2:24 Calif. time will try the bed again.   Take care all.

HI all!

Jan ~ I've been to Alaska twice & really enjoyed it even though I live in a cold climate. That 2nd cruise has a really lovely itinerary. Both mine had beautiful Sitka & less developed Icy Straight Point, places I really liked.

I used to get that rocking feeling after a cruise but no more. I also got swollen feet but that seems to have changed too. Bodies are an amazing thing!!

Belle ~ I asked DH what kind of cake he wants for his birthday Sunday & he seems satisfied with what he'd had, only wanting a card & to be remembered. I'll buy a little cake & sing solo to him.

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jo - I'm really excited about the Alaska cruise --- and living in Maine I never thought I would go anywhere that had snow!  Today I found out our excursion of panning for gold got canceled --- I'm bummed, but will find something similar.

Belle - I should have given you my phone number - I was awake until about 6:30 this morning - fell asleep around 7 and didn't get up until 11:00 ... It felt good and I am more rested.  Thanks for the information on the Med - I talked to the bank and they said I can get Euros through them ... just give them time.  Happy that people will understand English ... I will work on trying to say a few phrases!!!

Ok, so now I am so happy --- saw that there is a cruise again from Boston that only goes to Bermuda in 2023 (I don't want to go to Maine on a cruise).  Talked with two of the three kids and they will go with us and need to talk with the third to try to get them to go too.  They do not really like going on cruises as there is an ocean and out of the country.  It will be their decision and it is ok whatever they decide.  DH & I will finally do a vow renewal as it is the year of our 50th anniversary --- I'm not going to talk to any of the kids about it as I do not want them to feel as if they "must" go.  Jan