we have 50 rapid tests stored.

thefog

10 minutes ago, thefog said:

Will we be allowed to use a few of them getting on ship and through out the cruise?

No, not unless they are proctored. The emed proctored test is the most well-known one as it is the one sold on the RCCL site. ihealth and other companies do have some proctored options (Although I have never use those and do not know how acceptable they each are to RCCL).  But other, non-proctored at-home tests are not accepted. 

* if you mean can you use them onboard, yes of course, but not as the tests required to board or for other traveling purposes.

‘ I am a little scared to ask how much toilet paper you have…

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 30

6 minutes ago, thefog said:

Will we be allowed to use a few of them getting on ship and through out the cruise?

Not unless they are proctored tests. Only proctored/monitored tests are acceptable for boarding. As far as testing for your own knowledge, go for it. We stopped collecting them after 16. :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

iHealth does sell a proctoring service, so if you have the federal test kits you can use them by buying the service.  Site has mixed FAQ concerning whether you can use the second test from an open box.  And you do need Chrome on a laptop or computer with camera/microphone to use the proctoring service.  You will still need to do this within the time window before your cruise.

No reason you would need them onboard unless you are flying to a place requiring it after the cruise.  Then you will also need to buy an onboard internet package and hope the connection is good enough.

5 minutes ago, LeeW said:

iHealth does sell a proctoring service, so if you have the federal test kits you can use them by buying the service. 

That assumes you got the iHealth test as the federal test kits - many go the Abbot test which you can't proctor with iHealth (and which Abbott won't allow to be proctored via eMed).

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

That assumes you got the iHealth test as the federal test kits - many go the Abbot test which you can't proctor with iHealth (and which Abbott won't allow to be proctored via eMed).

And @LeeW keeps mentioning the IHealth proctoring but won't say whether he has used it to board or not. :classic_rolleyes: We're going to give it a try at the end of the month. :classic_smile:

I don't think you should keep promoting IHealth testing, unless you have successfully used it. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

And @LeeW keeps mentioning the IHealth proctoring but won't say whether he has used it to board or not. :classic_rolleyes: We're going to give it a try at the end of the month. :classic_smile:

I don't think you should keep promoting IHealth testing, unless you have successfully used it. :classic_rolleyes:

We didn’t get the iHealth tests either time we got the fed tests. We got some Korean brand four pack both times. My mom got Binax now tests. 

Let us know if your iHealth testing is accepted. I have a couple boxes of those that expire before my proctored tests from emed that I will use instead in May if they accept them. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I'll trade you four rolls of toilet paper for four tests. (sarcasm alert)

I will raise that bid to 4 rolls of toilet paper and a bag of flour!  (more sarcasm alert)

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

And I got one batch of some other brand.

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Feds keep sending them to us even though we only ordered the first round.

You must be getting the ones we never ordered. LOL So far we have never felt the need to even have a test.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Still a week before I try them.  More concerned about whether internet and computer work for the process.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Still a week before I try them.  More concerned about whether internet and computer work for the process.

We have them as well, and my biggest concern is their statement that they do not support tablets or smart phones for proctoring a test. Also, it looks like if you have two people tested, you need to purchase two proctor subscriptions.

33 minutes ago, LeeW said:

I just tested the webcam and microphone on my netbook, as I may need to use the iHealth proctored test to get back into the US after my spring TA.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

You must be getting the ones we never ordered. LOL So far we have never felt the need to even have a test.  

Never ordered any either.  If it wasn't for cruising I would never have gotten tested.  And not a fan of doing it now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Never ordered any either.  If it wasn't for cruising I would never have gotten tested.  And not a fan of doing it now

My Dr. has and continues to insist the mass testing of healthy people is nuts.

• Like 10