we have 50 rapid tests stored.

thefog

22 hours ago, LeeW said:

iHealth does sell a proctoring service, so if you have the federal test kits you can use them by buying the service.  Site has mixed FAQ concerning whether you can use the second test from an open box.  And you do need Chrome on a laptop or computer with camera/microphone to use the proctoring service.  You will still need to do this within the time window before your cruise.

No reason you would need them onboard unless you are flying to a place requiring it after the cruise.  Then you will also need to buy an onboard internet package and hope the connection is good enough.

Most useful post in this thread!  Thanks for posting that, as I had no idea.  And we got two sets of the iHealth tests in our federal tests.

Has anyone confirmed that the proctored iHealth test is allowed with RCI?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Most useful post in this thread!  Thanks for posting that, as I had no idea.  And we got two sets of the iHealth tests in our federal tests.

Has anyone confirmed that the proctored iHealth test is allowed with RCI?

A poster on another thread contacted Royal and was told as long as it is proctored, it is acceptable.  We have already paid and signed up for an appointment through iHealth for our upcoming Allure cruise. 

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

My Dr. has and continues to insist the mass testing of healthy people is nuts.

But you won't know you're healthy until you test.

Edited by jimdalva
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/15/2022 at 6:57 PM, John&LaLa said:

Saw on news tonight FDA justvapproved a breathalyzer testvwith results on 3 minutes.

91% accurate 

wow this would be wonderful way to get on a ship and not have to deal with the other tests.

can not help but wonder how things will be say mid summer or fall with testing which is a thorn in my side.  Masks not big deal, testing 48 hr yes a pita

On 4/15/2022 at 9:19 AM, orville99 said:

Feds keep sending them to us even though we only ordered the first round.

Do you live in a building with many units? If so, I wonder if you were sent sets meant for other people in the building? I know they were problems with people in apartments at the same address receiving their orders.

We actually did get a second, second set (when we ordered our second free set, we got two different packs, about a week apart, in addition to the first set). Arrived with my name on both packages and we have a single-family house, no apartments, so it was definitely an error.

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow this would be wonderful way to get on a ship and not have to deal with the other tests.

can not help but wonder how things will be say mid summer or fall with testing which is a thorn in my side.  Masks not big deal, testing 48 hr yes a pita

I have a Baltics cruise this summer. Lots of hoops and nerves no doubt

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 7:24 PM, jimdalva said:

But you won't know you're healthy until you test.

You do realize that if we tested you for a whole variety of diseases you will test positive for many of them.

Having the virus present does not mean you are sick.  Vaccines don't prevent infection, they prevent a high enough infection to cause disease.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I have a Baltics cruise this summer. Lots of hoops and nerves no doubt

I had one on HAL but cancelled all European sailings and moved back to USA.  Already too much drama as it is.  So good luck.

I am on an interesting trip on Voyager next May that is just 7 days.  Out of Copenhagen and it does two Denmark ports and two Norwegian including over nite in Oslo.  Glad I booked it.

toodles.  9 more days until another test for Symphony on 30th.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 7:58 AM, SRF said:

You do realize that if we tested you for a whole variety of diseases you will test positive for many of them.

Having the virus present does not mean you are sick.  Vaccines don't prevent infection, they prevent a high enough infection to cause disease.

YES, and then you are denied boarding. 

Just took our tests.  Went easy and printed results look just like any from other labs.  I am going to do a new thread on the experience since people will have to search this thread otherwise.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some may also be stocking up on the gov't tests - you may want to hold off.

We just got a set of 8 iHealth tests as part of the second order (ordered 5/25/) - their expiration is 8/7/2022.

It should qualify for a three month extension from the printed date, so they would expire Nov 7th 2022. No idea if the proctoring services will take that into consideration, though.

50 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some may also be stocking up on the gov't tests - you may want to hold off.

We just got a set of 8 iHealth tests as part of the second order (ordered 5/25/) - their expiration is 8/7/2022.

Me too but mine are good thru 8/15/22  😇We have 3 extra months past that date

Expiration Date Extension

Mar 28, 2022

On Mar 29, 2022, the FDA granted a three-month shelf-life extension for the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, which extended the shelf-life of all iHealth tests with expiration dates on or before 2022-09-29 (YYYY-MM-DD) from 6 months to 9 months. For example, if the expiration date printed on your box says 2022-07-21 (YYYY-MM-DD), the updated expiration date is 2022-10-20 (YYYY-MM-DD). We will continue to apply to FDA for shelf-life extensions every three months based on our stability studies, and the new shelf-lives for our tests will apply to tests already produced as well as future production.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:39 PM, LeeW said:

iHealth does sell a proctoring service, so if you have the federal test kits you can use them by buying the service.  Site has mixed FAQ concerning whether you can use the second test from an open box.  And you do need Chrome on a laptop or computer with camera/microphone to use the proctoring service.  You will still need to do this within the time window before your cruise.

No reason you would need them onboard unless you are flying to a place requiring it after the cruise.  Then you will also need to buy an onboard internet package and hope the connection is good enough.

Or you got sick onboard and you wanted to know if its covid without alerting the medical staff. 

• Haha 1