The Daily for Wednesday 04/20/2022

richwmn

Today is National Banana Day, Look Alike Day, and Volunteer Recognition Day

I would venture to guess that Anon, who wrote so many poems without signing them, was often a woman.--Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow-Cooker Pork Pozole
Drink of the Day - Sauza Watermelon Margarita
Wine of the Day - Michael David 2019 Freakshow Red (Lodi)
Destination of the Day - Dublin, Ireland

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Atlantic

Nieuw Statendam   Destination Ponta Delgads, Sao Miguel Island, Azores PT eta 04/24
Rotterdam   Destination Horta, Faial Island, Azores PT

At Sea Pacific

Zuiderdam   Destination San Diego, Califor

Kahului, HI US

Koningsdam   07:00 -

Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico Riviera

Nieuw Amsterdam   09:00 - 17:00

Puerto Quetzal GT

Eurodam   08:00 - 15:00

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

Long Beach, CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

Palermo, IT

Oosterdam  

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US

Noordam  
Zaandam   off Shore

0420World.thumb.png.44efdeff7826879364ff4e05d98366d1.png
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 15

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report.  Good excuse to eat a banana 🍌.  I think of Haley Mills in The Parent Trap today.  Hats off to all volunteers.  Interesting quote by Woolf.  The meal sounds nice but I’ll pass on the drink. I have been to Dublin once, a very beautiful city indeed.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today. 

• Like 31

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

We received our 2nd booster yesterday since we sail on the Equinox in 6 weeks.

Hope all are doing well.

Thanks for The Daily

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 30

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.  Happy Hump Day!

Another cool and cloudy day here, but at least the snow has melted.🙂

Love bananas.  I'm sure I have a look alike, but I've never met her.  I volunteer at my local hospital, not so much in the past 2 years but I'm looking forward to getting back to it soon.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  The drink sounds tasty too.  Hope the wine is not too expensive.

I've never been to Ireland, maybe someday.  Thanks in advance for all the pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 32

Thank you for the  Hump Day Daily, Rich.  I had a look alike friend for many years but we lost track of each other.  I'll certainlu salute volunteers and enjoy bananas.  I like the quote but have not been to Dublin.   The meal sounds interesting but spicy.  My alternative is Watermelon Carpaccio and Apple Cider Brined Pork Chop with Cherry-Raisin Chutney as served on MS Amsterdam April 20, 2014,

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui
Lady Hudson SIL in rehab after stroke
Hartgrove older sister entering hospice
Durangoscots new leaky shelter roof
Aliaschief family multiple covid cases
Safe travels for Quartzite Cruisers
From the rotation:
Mr Boston’s sister with shingles
msmayir’s daughter struggling with motherhood
Strength for Marshawk and DH
Buddy still having trouble despite slow improvement

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard leafsnation
Noordam in Everglades
Volendam housing refugees
Noordam in service April rather than May
7 BHB with guests
Cunnorl Niece finishing Boston Marathon
SusieKIslandGirl hip replacement moved up
Great cabin for Horizon Chaser 1957
Cruising Along needlework
4 days for leafsnation (Noordam to 5/15)
 Cruzin Terri (Nautica 4/11 to 5 /5), jawhawk66 and  sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to  5/8) and at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. An early dermatologist appointment this morning. 

Thank you for your lists Roy - it is the only way I am sure not to miss something.  Morning Dailyites!

A few smiles….

33A38535-2149-4717-A05F-53DFEB82D123.jpeg.135b7e966b4fd864d2eff19b07c247eb.jpeg

AE6E7136-1769-46FB-BF05-95B1218DB75D.jpeg.9cb62ade48f960bb3c580354a7337e63.jpeg

C1139154-DA2E-46AF-86EF-E5ADEA7DCCC2.jpeg.54b349a2554aa2d76b7ee67601c5ee73.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Michael David 2019 Freakshow

This red blend sounds interesting, though I usually do not gravitate towards wines with a strong cherry taste. I would definitely want to taste before buying. This vintage has excellent ratings and a very reasonable price. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $15.75.

Winemaker Notes

Deep dark ruby in color, Freakshow’s 2019 Red Wine blend is filled with aromas of raspberry, violet, spice and butterscotch candies. Full bodied but smooth and polished, flavors of black cherry, coffee and blueberry are interwoven with cinnamon and wood smoke, carrying through the smooth and lasting finish.

WE92 Wine Enthusiast

Superdark fruit flavors, moderate tannins and a velvety texture add up to an indulgent experience in this full-bodied wine. It delivers deliciousness with good balance, from its inky color to saturated black-cherry and blueberry flavors to a lingering finish. Editors' Choice

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 14

Good afternoon.

It is 46°F and sunny here in North East England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for posting the various lists.

I like Bananas.

Volunteers deserve recognition.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

We have been to Dublin a couple of times for New year's celebrations.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who need them.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 33

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

Love bananas and trying to get DH (who used to love them) to eat as many as I can to help his potassium.  Volunteers deserve more than one recognition day.  We’d be lost without them.

I’m guessing Woolf is referring to women being humble??  

We were in Dublin but it was a land trip - no cruise involved.  Great city!

The sun is finally shining.  Thank heavens. Hopefully it will help dry things up.  A lot of people lost power with the high winds.  this is a screenshot of a video of a road which has the same topography as the one I needed to take.  It’s blurry because of the speed of the water but you get the idea

9F83D5DD-E8DA-404B-95D2-ED679AA509D5.thumb.jpeg.61cd30cfc170b1c8671091a7a680673f.jpeg

When things finally started to slow down for a bit yesterday (didn’t last long though).  I took this video of our driveway and street.  You can see the water being pushed up hill.  

I guess I should be grateful it wasn’t snow.  So sorry for all those people who got so much of it.  I think I found the answer to why you got nailed with all the snow:

83C84231-80A8-4A85-AA57-95623D476CC5.jpeg.74584997354bb5bb240652ea16f96cac.jpeg

Have an appointment today which is going to make me late for the hospital.  It might be a blessing in disguise as with luck, one of the roads might have dried up enough to get there 🤞 I better grab a banana to tide me over.  

Inflation reports are not good and a lot of blame is falling on Russia’s war on Ukraine and gas/oil prices.  It’s getting painful to put gas in the car.

1EC9A660-285A-4622-A15C-03B70C32AFAE.thumb.jpeg.c8019a8ee8ac94e5d330113f5a653a7e.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Shout Out/Celebratory list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone !!!!!!

7B557E8A-E8C8-437D-92A3-A7E3717238D2.jpeg.3718579fed73c8b15b6ca459bedb5f02.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 when/where needed.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the care lists.

We've. been to Dublin but not on a cruise. It is a wonderful city. The land of my ancestors. I was very moved by the famine sculptures in the park by the river. I imagined one of them being my great grandfather.

It's a cool but beautiful morning here.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Dailyites!  
While in the 40's this morning, the sun is up, the sky is blue, and it will get warmer.  I like bananas, but have been warned that the riper they are the more sugary they become, and to eat them before they get ripe.  Tarzan may eat green bananas, but I dont like them.

DH is sleeping way to much these days, but his doctor told me to let him sleep. " Sleep is a healer, and that taking naps goes back to cavemen days."  However, even DH thinks he is sleeping too much, so he set the alarm this morning.  I just heard it down the hall, and he found the snooze button. 😸

can-cats-eat-bananas-980x655.png

26afb9eb0502e2640387aebf90ad8204.jpg

15f4925b6f0f4c0950179006b134f1fa--take-a-nap-animal-quotes.jpg

Have a great Day!

• Like 28
  • Haha 12

Good morning, everyone.

It is a chilly but beautiful start to the day here in northeast Ohio.   Temps in the 20s but rising to mid 50s this afternoon.  And bright beautiful sunshine.   I'll take that.  Yesterday was cold, rainy, snowy and miserable.   Good news today is that I have an appointment with the surgeon on April 28.   Not too long to wait.  

I've been to Dublin several times.  It is a beautiful city and the people are so friendly and helpful.  One time, when riding a bus with a friend, we asked a lady seated near us how to tell when our stop was approaching.   She gave us some hints and said she was getting off before us and would alert the driver.  When we got to our stop he announced, "This is the stop for our American friends."  Much of the time I have been in Dublin has been spent in the National Library doing genealogy research.  What a fantastic resource that is!

Today's meal sounds wonderful to me.  I can imagine the explosion of flavor this dish has.   Maybe if it cools down again.......    The picture sells it in this first recipe.   https://www.savingdessert.com/slow-cooker-pork-posole-recipe/  Keep in mind, you can regulate heat by how much of the peppers you use.  I say bring it on!   985993266_Slow-Cooker-Pork-Posole1.thumb.jpg.8324b031a27dda5f163681303e37ce58.jpg

Posole is the English spelling of pozole, a Mexican stew made with pork or chicken and hominy in a broth that’s nuanced with chile pepper and gilded with any number of ingredients, whether radish, cabbage, avocado, cilantro, or lime.

Slow cooker pork posole is sorta a cheater’s version of authentic Mexican posole, a stew of sorts made with pork, hominy, onions, garlic, and all the traditional toppings. About the only thing missing is the constant need to tend it on the stovetop

https://leitesculinaria.com/111415/recipes-slow-cooker-posole.html

1193570975_slowcookerporkposole2.thumb.jpg.7c405d5e710d4025540e252dd0a8f00c.jpg

This recipe has a few twists.   https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/276944/slow-cooker-pork-posole/

1703903722_slowcookerporkposole3.thumb.jpg.9f8181b0f1a3d027c4baa23ec0afbc9d.jpg

This last one is not very spicy, but will have some great flavor.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-pork-pozole/

431355812_slowcookerporkposole4.jpg.7600625aea25eb25f59d716076fcd6c8.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine and our Daily family members.   Cheers to those celebrating. Safe travels to @Quartzsite Cruiser.   Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

Good Morning from a warm but windy day at the beach

We all like bananas here. In fact a friend made us the most delicious banana bread yesterday with her left overs.  Been to Dublin a few times but not on a cruise. It is a great city and the people are warm and welcoming.  I volunteer mostly at our local library where I serve on the board. I choose my volunteer activities by if DD can attend with me. But I highly salute those who volunteer their time, the numbers are shrinking.

I read about the gift card promotion by HAL. Thinking of getting some, sounds like a good deal.

Not much going on here today after the past crazy week. So water aerobics and then I must clean !

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 30
  • Haha 1

Good morning friends!  It's cold but sunny today and we expect temps in the 70's later.  Walked on the treadmill this morning, but not sure of any plans for the rest of the day yet.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily report.  Look alike day should refer to me but my twin doesn't look much like me.  People always tell me though that I look like someone else they know.  Odd to hear that.  I appreciate volunteers and used to do that at the kid's schools.  As for bananas, I like to eat one most every morning, so I buy them as they are just turning yellow, leave one aside for the following morning's breakfast, and put the rest in the refrigerator.  The skins slowly turn brown, but the banana inside is just fine and doesn't get all overripe like they do on the counter.  Try a few sometime and see if you agree.  Just don't put a dozen in the fridge and expect perfection!  lol🍌  The pork recipe sure had a lot of different recipes.  By the looks of the photos I would be happy with the last one. Some of the others, not so much!  Dublin is a great town to visit.  We've only been there on cruises, and were lucky to stop there 5 times.  Dublin was our port of the day on July 8, 2021 so I will gather the photos from that date and post them here for you all.

Thanks to Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  So many to pray for but am happy to do it.  Our friends in Ukraine and those who assist, support, and take them in are top of the list.  Also our Care list people who are in need, Tana, Jose and Jacqui, Buddy, Jen, and DD's family for their loss of Gracie.  DD is so depressed over it and I'm sure DSIL is as well.  Prayers for them are gladly accepted.🙏  As for the lucky folks on the Celebration list, we are cheering you on.🥂 

Have a great day my friends!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

On our 2015 cruise on Royal Princess we were accompanied by friends from Myrtle Beach, SC who like to cruise in the hurricane off season only.  So this May cruise was perfect for them.  They took a ship's tour to Powerscourt Estate that day, and the photos they gave me of it look lovely.  DH and I decided to take the train into Dublin.  The Royal Princess was docked out of Dublin in the port of Dun Laoghaire.  We walked a couple of miles to the train station through that charming village and since it was such a beautiful sunny day, we enjoyed our exercise.  The train was clean and inexpensive, plus it took only 17 minutes to get to Dublin versus an hour in a bus or van.  No traffic, too!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKev6XuBIio-L95-vaFBh4k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We saw Trinity College00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdutJRET8y9aXHZLttAWbA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKUGlDCGJExMY_nxJI3Sov?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQzvvJE1SN8mW4WQInir3A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Dublin is a very busy town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8GcXOSm7mvg-uSf4hnp4g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

But they have their priorities straight!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0ziV-mSlWTo_zgGCnYM1q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpp-TchOUxWTW_2mHjHBfx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Then we saw Dublin Castle.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKO9Hy_4au7UbTE__0ALsgA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDJ67XzQdHwoP0BMR4-33k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The old and the new00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwIfdzO7Q6cXFkS_Mrnjea?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Next we walked to St. Patrick's Cathedral which I love to see each visit.  It's so grand.  I paid admission to enter and see the interior.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwRRixBzc2s5PkE0fUzl7J?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHQUg5w4AQvPfn8OupWPT1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Founded in 1191, it was ornate, huge and dark as well as crowded with tourists like me.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLe424qlkMAw20OTDVKKIvG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjd6KlbpaALRrMyZkjcfui?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7dE9nnY4RyJWmy5pBqbtk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

On the gate outside the Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3_TyWVNCNfMqXrthT4mGb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Further along on our walk we came to this corner where you have a history museum called Dublinia.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEMVeXyWAAKeq5xmy3WD0w?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The archway on the right connected to the Christ Church Cathedral across the street from Dublinia.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJotqa3WRmAYuu1-5tJkeQ_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The archway00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIP8T9oV_rWU20PGWOwPUgD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

And across the street from it all is this statue called Millennium Child.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSAOPj9S3ywnOAYIZqCxqV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Time to head back to the train station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbIphAhsUEnqBCHKESYTqF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

You know the saying "a river runs through it"?  Same with Dublin.  It's called the River Liffey.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwZk-6DaEKH7FmhUPeVgje?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJw3iV7o9TNIvH54oZX7EdT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgxLHTKA_6x1qidcG5NXk5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Molly Malone's statue which had been moved due to construction since our prior visit in 2011.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeEB2-kXXtj1hoxisjd7W7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

After our train ride back to Dun Laoghaire, we enjoyed a second walk through that town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKRYuQwSKWOCvDcyEcVAY2K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKYaF1NMxvtQ_QM1tyfrUJr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

My goodness, all these photos are only from the 2015 stop in Dublin.  I haven't even looked at 2017 yet.  If there are different places we saw I will add them to another post.  I hope you enjoyed Dublin - we did!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

In 2015 on the Prinsendam we were docked right in town and HAL provided us a double decker bus ride to the city core.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLv4P95GjECEOj5c1_xGJe7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Crystal Symphony was parked there too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8T0z2FafEZlrIvinzW8vj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We saw sailing ships docked on the River Liffey.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7zyakW5c08Lub69nxkfud?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We were dropped at a park where we saw this unique memorial to "defence forces". 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3QEFzNjgbzMjbnCHT2xtv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLW11aQEkeqjfMX_oTZ8iqT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

peeking through the glass panels00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrzJunAK6ZLYjN2ap_IT-Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This was simply a government building but I liked its architecture.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOb7NcBM8e5ZVu5lnBqdM4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItkHWM8eVoyxFRrgEnXkeo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The date was June 6 but it must have felt chilly for some people since they were wearing coats.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7M4bhYW8oNm6YB1FlAm_y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Check out all the flowers here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqAtVR-w1ySjctB-4c8Xe2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We walked by all the Cathedrals again but I won't post photos of them again.  But I guess we went to the shopping and bar area next.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzOdqL79mqYhfvGnmaMvvG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnXfeR7yVHzt0_KNhcfZXo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The flowers always catch my eye.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7Yq4r-8QTCFViBgrcyZ6q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I probably went looking for Molly Malone again but couldn't find where they'd hidden her this trip.  At any rate, we enjoyed some local Irish entertainers on the ship that night.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINRDvaZUaoTClF9aOrb4D-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

Good morning  to all.It will be a little warmer here today and I hope to put the heavy coat away in the closet with the boots,hats and gloves.

Bananas are a good thing and I have a dear cousin who shares my features  My DH did a double take when he met her the first time.Red hair,glasses and a distinctive  chin.

She recently sent me a picture of her grey hair  so we remain in sync.

We were in Dublin on a British  Isles cruise and really enjoyed it. 

I will pass on today's  recipe selection  and need to come up with something  everyone will eat. Maybe  vegetarian  chili.

It has been a challenging  time here and we are  trying to be supportive  and helpful . I was with both of my parents and my DB when they  died  and  thought I would be able to do this but it is very hard. Anyway, we hope fir better days.

Terry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We like bananas, but each of us prefer them in a different stage of ripeness.  DH will eat them if they're yellow with just a tinge of green, while they can be totally yellow and even have a few dark spots on the skin for me.  Yesterday I made a banana loaf out of 3 very black bananas.   I've been told I have a look alike, but have never seen her; many of us round faced chubby gals look similar.  LOL   Volunteers are such a necessary part of our society, something people do out of the goodness of their hearts.

Well the best laid plans of mice and men are going awry today.  Mother Nature decided we didn't have enough of winter and has brought in a storm - not only to us, but to Calgary as well.  We should have been on the road in about an hour from now, but decided last night we'd postpone our departure by a day, hoping the weather and the roads improve.   Travel in and around Saskatoon is not recommended right now due to snow and blowing snow.  The snow we received yesterday is annoying, but it's nothing compared to what hit Calgary yesterday and continued overnight.  DS wasn't sure how long it might take to get to his work this morning and said he'd be leaving about 1.5 hours earlier.  Here's a shot he shared with us from about 4PM yesterday afternoon; what a difference 24 hours can make:

565944086_CalgarySnow.thumb.jpg.5e157a705245644c900792644e0596ec.jpg

Because we're not leaving, I think today's just a free day for us - I might try cleaning out one of the spare bedrooms of all the clutter and see what I can donate.  Do I really need 3 aroma diffusers (all on the same shelf)?   If the streets get sanded, we'll be able to take a couple of bags of things to the Salvation Army and help both of us.

@Cruising-along your cross stitch just blew me out of the water!  I've done some small projects and almost gave up on a couple of them, but have never even considered something so intricate as yours.  It's absolutely gorgeous, good for you!!!

@kazuit's almost like you've got the Reversing Falls on your driveway!  I hope the rains have stopped and you'll have a safe trip to your appointment and to visit Jose.

I like today's menu suggestion, as it sounds quite tasty, and know I could accommodate DH's heat tolerance by adding to just my dish, but I'll tuck the recipe away for another day.  As we were supposed to be on the road, I hadn't planned anything for us for dinner, so will head downstairs to the deep freeze and see what I can rustle up for us.  I'll call tonight's dinner "Freezer Surprise".  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine who are bearing the unbearable.  Extra also for our Daily family who are struggling and with health issues.  We'll raise our glasses tonight to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear your masks when you need to (we'll still be wearing ours), wash your hands and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

My friend in the next county over has electricity back. Other sections of her town don't yet, and a medical clinic there announced that it would be closed again today. It's sunny here and will reach about 53°.

I have an appointment today for acupuncture. While other acupuncturists I've met have all been Asian - I used to live in the Korean section of Los Angeles - our local one is Irish-American and decorates his office with a mix of Asian art and a little Catholic religious art. Then tomorrow I see a gastroenterologist to schedule a colonoscopy since it's been 10 years since the last one. I'm signed up for a trial of a non-invasive alternative, but to stay in the trial I have to get the standard colonoscopy before the end of May, and I leave for Greece on May 20.

• Like 27