Spa bid upgrade after purchasing thermal suite passes

jules181

I've put in bid upgrades on my upcoming cruise for spa balcony/spa club balcony rooms. 

Regardless of if I win the bid, I want to purchase the thermal suite pass so I have access to the spa over the 16 day transatlantic. 

If I buy the spa passes, but subsequently win the bid to a room that includes spa access, will the cost of the passes be refunded to me?

You will get your refund if you win your upgrade. If you don't cancel it you will get OBC, if you cancel it you will get a refund back to your method of payment.  tp be safe you ccan cancel it now and rebuy if you don't get the upgrade. I have never seen spa passes sell out.

I was actually going to wait until I got confirmation that my bid didn't go through to buy the spa passes. 

It's now Thursday, cruise is Monday, at what point do I get a go/no go answer on the upgrade?

My preferred option is to wait until I get that before I pull the trigger. 

3 hours ago, jules181 said:

I was actually going to wait until I got confirmation that my bid didn't go through to buy the spa passes. 

It's now Thursday, cruise is Monday, at what point do I get a go/no go answer on the upgrade?

My preferred option is to wait until I get that before I pull the trigger. 

Are there any spa rooms available?  If not you have little or no chance  of getting an upgrade.  You can check by doing a mock booking.

I would buy the pass now.
I love the spa so I bought a spa pass on the Bliss. Then I placed a bid for a (regular, not Haven) spa cabin. I won! So I called and cancelled the spa pass. 
I was notified of my win about 10 days out but I’ve heard it could be less, even the day you board. 

So, I’m going on the breakaway in July, I called to arrange some pre-cruise hotel bookings and asked about upgrading.  They offered me an upgrade from an inside family cabin to the space balcony for $204/pp. we wanted the spa pass anyway so…extra 4/pp to get a balcony was a no brainer for us  (and also lower than the bid I submitted for that same stateroom class…so, way to shoot yourself in the foot NCL 😂)

anyway, point of the story: just call and ask…worst they can do is say no or offer you a price you aren’t interested in paying (and just take your chances on the bid)