Which one?

ozzysdad

Guaranteed B2 suite on Azura, 2 week cruise out of Tenerife in December.

Or..

Guaranteed PC inside on Brittania, 2 week cruise out of Barbados in December.

Two adults and one 16 year old, never stayed in a Suite with P&O are they worth it? Stayed in a Juniòr suite with Marella but these look superior, I've visited 90% of the ports on both itineraries although neither my partner or her son hasn't so they are leaning towards a 1st visit to the Caribbean, been on Azura several times but yet to travel on Brittania, all advice welcomed - thank you in advance.

Incidentally they are the same price.

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Three of you ? Has to be a suite imho.

Absolutely. No question. They’re not particularly big, unless you opt for an aft suite, but very, very different from an inside cabin, and some rather nice little extras thrown in - notably breakfasts in the Epicurean. A real treat.

• Like 1

Suite on Azura every time although some on the aft have a metal stanchion obstructing the balcony. On a guaranteed grade, you may be allocated one of these but still much more preferable to a Britannia inside.

6 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

IMHO I'd be off to the Caribbean for some December Sunshine. Doesn't matter how nice your room is if the sun ain't shining.😎

To be fair I did the Canaries the same two weeks last year with Marella and it was lovely every day maybe we were just lucky? I think Canaries and Caribbean would have similar weather in December? 

I must admit breakfast in Epicurean each day could well sway it, P&O suites seem to offer far much more than those on Marella.

Edited by ozzysdad

2 minutes ago, ozzysdad said:

I think Canaries and Caribbean would have similar weather in December? 

You can be fairly confident that the Caribbean will be warm and sunny, whereas with the Canaries the weather cannot be guaranteed.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ozzysdad said:

think Canaries and Caribbean would have similar weather in December? 

No. Might be liquid sunshine in the Caribbean but it will still be very warm - average Barbados temperature 29 degrees.  Tenerife around 22 degrees and historically 7 to 8 days rain in December.

Nothing guaranteed on either but far more islands in Caribbean all with different rules if the dreaded C word becomes an issue. Canaries have one set of rules if it goes awry.

• Like 3

On 4/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, Bobblehat71 said:

It wasn't last December 😬 

I've had some really bad luck weather wise. Cruise June 2018 down to Canaries. Absolutely bucketed it down 1st stop at Vigo, generally cloudy Almost every port and even had spots of rain in Tenerife. Rain - in Tenerife - in June? 😢 I know the port is northern Tenerife but still.

Suite definitely. 100%. Some of my favourite perks include:

- Epicurean breakfast: being away from the screaming masses for wonderfully calm culinary morning treat. And if you happen to like good food, this is a real treat given P&O cuisine is typically pretty beige and unexciting (ok, “functional”).

Great room size: I know you won’t live there all the time but it’s a holiday and it is still have a good space rather than what can be a small box. Great space to entertain new friends too.

Balcony size: esp, if a aft wrap-around. A peaceful haven. Free room service, none of the towel-hogging idiots…….your very own “retreat”.

Evening canapés: no, I won’t go there as I don’t want to put you off!

Edited by Camberley

I would probably go for the Caribbean cruise but upgrade to a balcony cabin (not a suite). It will cost more than the canaries cruise but would be worth it IMHO. We much prefer Britannia to Azura, but the Caribbean would also be a more special holiday. We would never entertain an inside cabin, as we like the constantly changing views, the ability to pop out on to the balcony if we see something of interest, watching arrivals and departures from ports etc etc. We also spend quite a bit of time in our cabin or balcony when the ship is busy. We have had suites on Britannia (3 times), Ventura and Arcadia and we enjoyed the experience, but have concluded now that we don’t feel that they are worth the premium anymore. We loved having breakfast in Epicurean on Britannia but some families with young children or babies stay in suites, so we found that the normally tranquil start to the day was somewhat spoiled by a very noisy family on our last cruise when we stayed in a suite.