We will try it !

ALWAYS CRUZIN

Reposting from the wrong site.

My wife and I, My daughter and her Husband, My son and his girl friend and my grandson will all be giving it a shot on May 20th. I will report back and also give it a review. Wanted to do the weekend where there should be a lot more guests on board. More activities also. 😎 All taking this short cruise for the following reason. 

I have cancer and went for the whipple operation. After opening me up they found other cancer and adorated the operation. So now I am on chemo forever to hopefully hold it in check. In the man time, I am going to enjoy what I have left. Three more long cruises this year and so far if I make it we have three booked for next year. At least I know now where my life is headed for sure.

• Like 6

I really appreciate all the replies. I am looking forward to the rest of my life whatever it brings.

We all know the end will come. Could be today or way in the future. Live every day to the fullest. That is all anyone can do. Thank you! 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

You are right, we are all dying and only God knows when.  I was blessed to be on the inaugural cruise.  My thoughts are it was great and I would definitely go again.  Tips, be sure to take meds in case of sea sickness.  Depending on the weather the ship might rock and roll but at least you will know you are on a ship.  🙂  Go to Five O'Clock Somewhere at some point; possibly lunch as you embark.   It is their grill and in the back of the ship.  My favorite spot.  JWB, the steakhouse, is great.  The show is wonderful too; be sure to go and sing a long.  They have an amazing entertainment crew.  You will have a wonderful time.  God Bless, enjoy, and make some memories!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 9876 said:

You are right, we are all dying and only God knows when.  I was blessed to be on the inaugural cruise.  My thoughts are it was great and I would definitely go again.  Tips, be sure to take meds in case of sea sickness.  Depending on the weather the ship might rock and roll but at least you will know you are on a ship.  🙂  Go to Five O'Clock Somewhere at some point; possibly lunch as you embark.   It is their grill and in the back of the ship.  My favorite spot.  JWB, the steakhouse, is great.  The show is wonderful too; be sure to go and sing a long.  They have an amazing entertainment crew.  You will have a wonderful time.  God Bless, enjoy, and make some memories!

Was surprised to find out you pay for a burger or hot dog. Do they have soft serve still near the buffet? Is the buffet available for both evening meals? last time only the first evening. Are you still able to purchase the steak in the regular dining and not the steak house? 

Just found out today that we are negative and ready to sail on Friday. They just changed the type of tests they accept. They now accept all three. So you can get yours now at Walgreens rapid test available at most all Walgreens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Was surprised to find out you pay for a burger or hot dog.

Are you serious?  If so, immediate tinkering with their business model with regard to food is needed.  

On 5/18/2022 at 12:52 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Was surprised to find out you pay for a burger or hot dog. Do they have soft serve still near the buffet? Is the buffet available for both evening meals? last time only the first evening. Are you still able to purchase the steak in the regular dining and not the steak house? 

Just found out today that we are negative and ready to sail on Friday. They just changed the type of tests they accept. They now accept all three. So you can get yours now at Walgreens rapid test available at most all Walgreens.

Cruzin, hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Is the charge for burgers and hotdogs during the lunch buffet?  Or during dinner on the back end of the ship?
I’m looking forward to your review of the ship, specifically the quality of food in the main dining room. Worst meal I’ve ever had on a cruise was during November cruise on Grand Classica. 
Also, looking at your cruise history, wow, the Bahama Celebration, we sailed her 10 to 12 times prior to her grounding. I actually liked that little ship/ferry!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

On 5/20/2022 at 8:51 AM, rikitikitavii said:

Cruzin, hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Is the charge for burgers and hotdogs during the lunch buffet?  Or during dinner on the back end of the ship?
I’m looking forward to your review of the ship, specifically the quality of food in the main dining room. Worst meal I’ve ever had on a cruise was during November cruise on Grand Classica. 
Also, looking at your cruise history, wow, the Bahama Celebration, we sailed her 10 to 12 times prior to her grounding. I actually liked that little ship/ferry!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

I posted my review. No charge for burgers and dogs during lunch. However, in the evening over $17.00 for a cheese burger at the 5 o'Clock bar. The review is long but I think covers a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1