Lifecenters.ca

Cruisefanatic47

On 7/3/2022 at 12:37 AM, ShelbieE said:

We are sailing to Alaska on Celebrity and they require tests to be FDA approved, so would the free Canadian tests still be acceptable if they are supervised by lifecenters or such?

From my research... no they are not FDA approved. Can someone link us to the site that says these green Rapid Response Kits (free ones in Ontario) are FDA approved?? My take is, if you are going to use these kits, then you should use a Cdn proctor site for test ie Lifecenters.ca otherwise I'm not taking the chance of refusal of test results. Here's the FDA site https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

Would RCCL accept the green BTNX box (Ontario) and done through lifecenters.ca?

And can we do the testing in the US in the hotel room? 

We plan to get to the port several days before and tour around, so was wondering what options we have. 

Its for August Oasis of the Seas leaving from NJ.

Also can I use the phone to do it? Or do I need an iPod or computer?

Edited by parkbr

• 2 weeks later...

Presently in Amsterdam,  just completed my test with Life Centers,  Proctor was in Calgary.   Used my IPad, phone would work just as well.    Received test results in about 5 minutes.   

Thumps up to this company,  going on a cruise now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BULLOCK said:

Presently in Amsterdam,  just completed my test with Life Centers,  Proctor was in Calgary.   Used my IPad, phone would work just as well.    Received test results in about 5 minutes.   

👍
We have an appointment booked for Aug 26 in Copenhagen 

I just used lifecenters.ca today for a cruise we board on Sunday (RCL Oasis)  The tests we used were the green freebies from the govt (I am in NB).  I will report back if we have any issues but I am not anticipating any.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 1:25 PM, BULLOCK said:

Which cruise line? My fingers are crossed that Holland America will accept the tests, since they are proctored.

1 hour ago, grimpil said:

i emailed btnx, they said rapid response tests are not FDA approved

This has been discussed in other threads. It comes down to one's risk tolerance. No one has reported a proctored BTNX test being refused for boarding. Several have reported successful use.

Given recent developments the subject is rapidly becoming moot for all but the unvaccinated on some itineraries.

• Like 1

We did our virtual tests this morning from home for our Alaska cruise.  Used the free green boxes and my iPad, for 2 of us at the same time.  Very easy & efficient.  Nurse Andrew walked us through the process and couldn’t have been nicer.  We received an email with the negative (yayyy) results within 20 minutes.  Saved & printed out the certificates, so now we’re ready to cruise!  

• Like 2

No issues checking in with RCCL.

The certificates were checked to ensure they were in our name, the  test was taken within 48 hours, negative results.  

We used the BTNX kits issued in Ontario.

• Like 1

Wondering what experience people had with appointment times. I would like to test on Sunday oct 9 in Rome but there are only early AM appointments available. Checking other sunday times and there seems to be more times available. Do appointment times open up closer to the actual date? Just want to test as early as possible after transatlantic flight so dont want to wait until oct 10. Also did anyone have success entering result with carnival (verifly app). I know they are very particular as we had a test refused from our local pharmacy because the form was filled out hand written and required "computer generated" results, thanks

27 minutes ago, grimpil said:

Wondering what experience people had with appointment times. I would like to test on Sunday oct 9 in Rome but there are only early AM appointments available. Checking other sunday times and there seems to be more times available. Do appointment times open up closer to the actual date? Just want to test as early as possible after transatlantic flight so dont want to wait until oct 10. Also did anyone have success entering result with carnival (verifly app). I know they are very particular as we had a test refused from our local pharmacy because the form was filled out hand written and required "computer generated" results, thanks

Did you put in the Rome’s time ? 
Also by October there may not be any testing 

Kicking myself for not having booked them sooner. I went to book our appointment yesterday for our Alaska cruise and there were no appts available on the 26th or 27th. Luckily enough I checked again this morning and found that a couple of spots opened up on Sat. evening. Not the greatest timeslot in my opinion but at least I won't have to get robbed for nearly $300 for a family of 4. 

On 8/18/2022 at 1:31 PM, JessyCruises said:

I just used lifecenters.ca today for a cruise we board on Sunday (RCL Oasis)  The tests we used were the green freebies from the govt (I am in NB).  I will report back if we have any issues but I am not anticipating any.

We're going on Oasis the week after! So I assume that is after you come back, I will be on this boat! 🙂

I am so excited about our cruise! 🙂

12 hours ago, Fouremco said:

That may be the case for your upcoming cruise on the Reflection, but tests are not required for all transatlantic cruises.

Probably a RCL thing 

we need a test to get on Voyager of the seas northern Baltic cruise but don’t need one on the TA that follows it as we doing a b2b 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer