Parking at port of New Orleans

pc2425

We are going on a 5 day cruise on Carnival Glory.  We are planning to park at the port.  I’m not really interested in parking off site like at Fulton because I like the convenience of not having to mess with a shuttle.  My question is does the port parking garage ever fill up?  Our cruise leaves on Monday so I am wondering if the cruises leaving Saturday and Sunday will fill it up.  Thanks!

We've cruised out of NOLA multiple times - both Carnival and Royal. Carnival has the better parking situation by far. Garage is Very convenient. Never had a problem finding a spot. Only once did we end up on "the roof" (not covered). But the that spot was the most convenient to the elevator and we could see our car from the ship!

You have to figure that the folks getting off the ship will be opening up spaces for arriving cruisers to park. It may cost a bit more than offsite parking, but the ease and convenience more than make up for the difference in price.

Edited by wikoffclan
spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When are you going? They have over 1,000 parking spots for the two ships Valor and Glory. Plenty of room. And worse comes to worse, they could divert you to the next door Julia St garage, also owned by the port, which is used for Royal / Norwegian, neither of which will be back until the fall. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hoosier sailor said:

We will be cruising in November. 

Do we need to pay in advance for parking or do we pay as we leave the lot?  

I think it matters which lot.  Parking at the Carnival Terminal is the 

ERATO STREET CRUISE TERMINAL

1100 Port of New Orleans Place, New Orleans, LA 70130 

and you pay as you enter!!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the daily rate for the parking garage.  We are on the Valor in November, and we are trying to decide between driving to new orleans or taking the train.  Our hotel parking is $50.00 per night (2 nights pre) and if we drive, we will need a hotel both down and back. Last time we were in new orleans we never took the car out of the hotel parking till we checked out. We either walked or took the trolley.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:06 PM, Loritd said:

Does anyone know the daily rate for the parking garage.  We are on the Valor in November, and we are trying to decide between driving to new orleans or taking the train. 

When we cruised out of N.O. in January on the Valor it was $100 for a five day cruise.  I guess that means it's $20 per cruise day.