The Daily for Saturday 04/30/2022

richwmn

37 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We went off for a walk to the gym this morning and got that workout over and done with.  Today is laundry day so that's next.  Thank you Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  Great days today.  Hairstyle appreciation sounds positive.  I've noticed my 13, 15, and 17 year old grandsons are all wearing the latest boy's Tik Tok hairstyle.  You can barely see their eyes!  Jazz is a very popular type of music, though not my favorite.  Honesty as they always say is the best policy.  The quote is so true, the pork verde looks good, as long as it's not too spicy I would like to try it.  Tianjin (Beijing), China was last posted here March 28, 2021.  I think we decided at the time that the port may have been originally called Xingang.  Let's see what our discussion today brings to the table.

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor the Daily list.  Prayers were said this morning for all on the list, my 3 family members, the people of Ukraine and all who assist with housing them, and sending them whatever they need to survive.  I would also like to mention someone who is not on the list, Sgt. Bishop Evans of the Texas National Guard who drowned after saving two female migrants in the Rio Grande River.  The two women survived but unfortunately were carrying drugs for the cartels to the US.  Sgt. Evans is being laid to rest today and may he rest in peace.  Most of the major news organizations aren't covering this subject because it doesn't fit their narrative or agenda.  🙏

Here is what I posted last time on Tianjin (or Xingang).  

In April and May, 2010 we took a Diamond Princess cruise from Bangkok to Whittier, Alaska.  Right in the middle of it was our stop near Beijing, called Xingang.  We took a ship's tour with several couples we knew to the Great Wall followed by lunch at a hotel restaurant.  The weather was warm and sunny, plus the trees had begun flowering so it was a nice day all in all if you don't mind a long bus ride.  The section of the Wall we visited was called  Huangyagyuan.  The entrance is below.enhance

enhance

If only each step was consistent!  Some were shallow and some were steep so you had to concentrate on each one.

enhance

This photo was taken from a window in a tower along the way.enhance

We wanted to make it all the way to the top so we rested for a minute or two along the way.enhance

enhance

Near the top.  A friend from China told us this means "The Saint's Peak - scenic viewing platform".enhance

After this we had to make our way down again, which believe me, is just as hard on the knees as going up!  At the bottom of the Great Wall entrance were these beautifully shaped trees which I would love to have seen in bloom.  enhance

We then had time to look at the goods being sold outside the entrance.  enhance

enhance

This little guy was hoping for a ride on this contraption but it didn't seem to be in service that morning.enhance

And finally a picture of the room at the hotel where lunch was served.enhance

I think I'm probably through visiting China.  I'm glad I got the trip in when I did back in 2010.  

Great photos of yourself and the great wall of China Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, kazu said:

Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.--Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Today’s quote has never been more applicable.  I got a call late last night from a physician at the hospital who knows Jose (never a good thing when they call late at night).

Jose is being given morphine to try to handle the pain and being referred to palliative care for his final days.  

It looks very much like despite all the valiant attempts, for the 3rd time in 3 months, they will fail.  I was told to prepare for the worst.  They do not think he has long 😢 💔 

I'm so sorry to hear your news Jacqui.

I sincerely hope he pulls around and starts to improve.

Sending you and Jose our Love and prayers 🙏.

Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 16

I was just going to post when I saw Jacqui’s post about Jose and had to answer that one first.

I wanted to report that I actually managed to get to the Cathedral of Palma today.  It was not easy, but we both were determined enough that we got there.

Oceania provided shuttle buses to the center of town, which was right by the Cathedral.  I just didn’t know I was going to have to climb so many steps to get up there.  We took our time and did it.  

It is a beautiful day here in Palma de Mallorca and the fresh air is good.

When we got back I actually managed to have some lunch with a Margarita.

Now it is time for a nap.

More later.

Again prayers for all who need them. Jacqui, you and Jose are especially held dear to my heart right now.

God bless,

Ter

• Like 25

@kazu 🙏May our Daily-ite  prayers surround you and your DH. 🙏

🙏Prayers for his team, his comfort & care, and for both of you as you make this journey together.🙏

🙏Our hearts are breaking with you, but our prayers are neverending.🙏

-Melisa

• Like 23

I won’t say good morning, since obviously it’s not. Such sad news from Jacqui.

It’s a cool and sunny day here but tomorrow is supposed to be rainy. 
    Tomorrow is going to be a stressful day, after almost 108 years my church is closing our doors 💔🙏RIP Reading Moravian .

@grapau27. Please ask Father David to pray for our members as we move on .

Bt the way, the new medication was not fully covered by insurance. $167 for 30 days, not happy. 
Have a blessed day.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Very sad news, Jacqui @kazu.  What an awful call to receive.  I hope that Jose is made very comfortable, and you, yourself, don't be shy about asking for sleeping aides or whatever it takes to keep you on your feet during this very difficult time.  You know that many thoughts and prayers are with you.

Maxine

• Like 20

@kazu, Jacqui, I was so sorry to hear this and  want to add my prayers and virtual hugs. I hope the pain is manageable. It is always hard to get a late night phone call but it sounds as if everything that can be done is being done. much love to you both

Terry

• Like 19

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

@kazu no one ever expects a call late at night from the hospital when a loved one is in there, but when it comes, it's usually not good news.  I am so sorry to hear Jose is so unwell and that his time is limited.  Please know you and he will both be in my prayers as you face his final days together.  Don't worry about checking in here, you need to focus on the time you can spend with Jose.

+1

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I won’t say good morning, since obviously it’s not. Such sad news from Jacqui.

It’s a cool and sunny day here but tomorrow is supposed to be rainy. 
    Tomorrow is going to be a stressful day, after almost 108 years my church is closing our doors 💔🙏RIP Reading Moravian .

@grapau27. Please ask Father David to pray for our members as we move on .

Bt the way, the new medication was not fully covered by insurance. $167 for 30 days, not happy. 
Have a blessed day.

I will ask him plus sending you our prayers 🙏 too.

Graham

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu Jacqui, I sent you an email. 

Ann, prayers to your family over the loss of your cousin. 

Sandi, you and family have been in my prayer book for several months. 

Sending heartfelt love and blessings to you.

Joy

Joy, your name is so appropriate!

I pray for and think about you and Allen so often.  I wish we could see you here every day.  Thank you for the prayers for our family.  Slow improvement but at least not going the other way thank goodness.

Blessings to you as well.

Sandi

• Like 16