josephml1

Waldorf salad 

Shrimp cocktail

Watermelon & Feta 

Prime rib

Fettuccine Alfredo

Lobster tail

Beef cheek pappardelle pasta at Sabatinis

Poached eggs on roasted potatoes (suite breakfast)

Room service club sandwich

Room service lasagna no longer available 😞

Room service lattes in the morning

Slice pizza

Alfredo's pizza

Int'l Cafe Cuban sandwich and ham & cheese croissant

gelato

Chocolate dome dessert

All the soufflé desserts (chocolate preferred)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cheesepleese said:

Perhaps we're camembert cousins? Lol. I think it's a safe bet that like me you have a fondness for good cheese! I see you live near Victoria, BC? We live in Armstrong in the North Okanagan. We used to live in Aldergrove, BC and moved up in 2015. My old email address had morecheezpleez in it. Don't know if you remember in the 90's the dairy farm cheese commercials where kids would hold out their plates and say "more cheese pleese!" It was those commercials that I came up with the email addy and my CC handle. (I also used to dairy farm in Aldergrove). Always enjoyed a creamy havarti or a melted brie topped with sundried tomatoes and garlic and dipping crackers or chunks of sourdough bread in it. Oh yeah, and washing down with a nice cold beer or  a glass of red wine. Only thing going through my head then is life is good!

Cheers, Bill

Yes I remember the commercial hence the moniker. I am a retired Chef who spent his last few years working as a Fromager ( cheese seller). So lots of love for the dairy paste. Needless to say with 375 kinds of cheese France it is what I call heaven on earth. Been there a lot over the years and going  back this October for 3 weeks of dairy bliss. in fact in 2019 we went to Camembert. It is a sign and about 10 houses. But some great cheese makers in the area. Yumm!

Stan 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Have you tried it since the ships have been back in service?

Not at all what it used to be a few years back.

I had it on the Majestic in February and it was actually quite good!  My only regret was not asking for a baked potato instead of whatever it came with on the menu.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 4:30 PM, Bgwest said:

Less and less as time goes on and cuts continue. 
Last week on the Emerald we learned that the Pub Lunch is gone. 

Nice photo @1965  Good memories. 

Is the Pub Lunch gone on all of the ships?  If so, my DS will be very disappointed!

I loved all the quiches in the IC. Make sure to ask them to heat it for you! I enjoyed the fettucine everyone raves about but our cheese basket was very hard and inedible. Perhaps now that it's by request it will be "fresh"?

Do they still serve lobster and escargot on the first formal night?

A lot of my favorites are on the first day: the vegetarian ravioli and the salmon in the dining room at lunch and the flourless chocolate cake at dinner. The key lime pie verrine is great when it's made correctly. On the Majestic, though, it was horrible. The individual cheesecakes at the International Cafe are wonderful. I love Alfredo's, especially the vegetarian antipasto, the veal agnolotti, and the various pizzas. 

20220209_134910.jpg

20211205_123158.jpg

20211205_211532.jpg

20210825_114229.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 1:39 PM, VibeGuy said:

Not a looker, but the sea salt caramel pots de crème is really fantastic.  One of the best desserts I’ve ever had onboard. 

I agree.  I made friends with a Ukrainian pastry server in the buffet who got me a daily stash of two pots de creme after that. On my last Majestic cruise they had them in the buffet one day, under a different name, so I brought back several to keep in my fridge. The chocolate journeys desserts are also incredible to look at and taste. I saw on the Discovery they include gelato options in the MDR now and they received official Italian certification to have authentic gelato. I also have to include the noodle bar selections on the Majestic, which I had every day, along with an Alfredo's pizza, which I think are my favorite cruise alternatives to buffet slop. 

On 5/2/2022 at 1:39 PM, VibeGuy said:

Not a looker, but the sea salt caramel pots de crème is really fantastic.  One of the best desserts I’ve ever had onboard. 

Did you get this in MDR or in the buffet? I don't know what it was we had in the buffet one night but it might have been this and I have been looking for the same thing I had ever since. I don't believe I have ever seen this listed on the MDR menu but would love to try it just based on the name and your recommendation. I love salted caramel things.

My regular "go to" desert on Princess is the creme brulee but it wasn't offered in MDR on any night on our recent 12 day Alaska cruise on Royal Princess. I was really disappointed. One of our dinner companions mentioned this to the "white coat" passing by and he provided creme brulee for all of us that night. (I really don't think any of the others would have ordered it and, while it was good, it wasn't what I am normally served on a Princess cruise.) I don't understand why something that has been offered pretty much every night on previous Princess cruises wasn't available at dinner. My wife was equally disappointed that there was no ice cream on the dinner desert menu. What's up with that?

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

The key lime pie verrine is great when it's made correctly. On the Majestic, though, it was horrible.

20220209_134910.jpg.eebca1714f5df781809654e7cf9bf460.jpg

It was fine on the Enchanted but the only place where you could get it was from room service. If you wanted it for lunch at the buffet you had to remember to order it as soon as you sat down to eat as it took about 20 minutes to arrive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Did you get this in MDR or in the buffet? I don't know what it was we had in the buffet one night but it might have been this and I have been looking for the same thing I had ever since. I don't believe I have ever seen this listed on the MDR menu but would love to try it just based on the name and your recommendation. I love salted caramel things.

My regular "go to" desert on Princess is the creme brulee but it wasn't offered in MDR on any night on our recent 12 day Alaska cruise on Royal Princess. I was really disappointed. One of our dinner companions mentioned this to the "white coat" passing by and he provided creme brulee for all of us that night. (I really don't think any of the others would have ordered it and, while it was good, it wasn't what I am normally served on a Princess cruise.) I don't understand why something that has been offered pretty much every night on previous Princess cruises wasn't available at dinner. My wife was equally disappointed that there was no ice cream on the dinner desert menu. What's up with that?

did you ask your server or head waiter what happened to the creme brule on the ship?

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

did you ask your server or head waiter what happened to the creme brule on the ship?

They had no explanation for that lack or for the lack of ice cream. I heard that the ice cream was available at MDR lunch so I really don't understand that one.