$400 for "Cabanas" in Bimini... They're out of their minds!

On my Cruise Manager page I saw these pop up for a future Liberty sailing to Bimini.

We've stayed in a few cabanas on various islands, most with AC, but none as spartan as this. 

Is this something you'd pay $400 for?

i-6SJkBvq-X3.jpg

But man, the list of amenities sure is tempting, lol:

DETAILS

Relax and soak up the sun in your private cabana and enjoy the serene environment with 360° views of the white sand and turquoise waters of Bimini, just steps away from the beachside gourmet restaurant.

What’s Included:

• Four cans of soda, four bottles of water and a fruit platter.
  • A welcome drink (Bahama Mama or non-alcoholic beverage).
  • Two beach chairs.

Tom

• Haha 6

I wouldn't, but there are always those with egos to inflate, girls to impress, or wives from whom they seek forgiveness (having previously impressed a girl).

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Guest BasicSailor
10 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We are cabana people and there's no way in the world....

Well, they could place a Tarp on top for an extra Hundred Bill🤪

Edited by BasicSailor

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

On my Cruise Manager page I saw these pop up for a future Liberty sailing to Bimini.

We've stayed in a few cabanas on various islands, most with AC, but none as spartan as this. 

i-6SJkBvq-X3.jpg

DETAILS

Relax and soak up the sun in your private cabana and enjoy the serene environment with 360° views of the white sand and turquoise waters of Bimini, just steps away from the beachside gourmet restaurant.

What’s Included:

• Two beach chairs.

Tom

That Putin inflation.

• Haha 2

Guest BasicSailor

Thanks for the posting this Tom. You have given me the inspiration to start my own business.😏

See the source image

Look for my product on Shark Tank soon 😉

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Functionally, I don't see the difference. People would pay $400 if it was "nicer wood". What's wrong? Does this not portray enough of an image of "look what I can afford?"

They don’t even have a fan! The ones in HMC and Grand Turk have not only fans but a/c. They also have genuine shade and more furniture than a padded beach chair. 

15 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

i-6SJkBvq-X3.jpg

DETAILS

What’s Included:

• Two beach chairs.

Tom

It's exactly the same resort and same Cabanas as Virgin Voyages only VV charges $500. VV actually did a partnership with Resorts World Bimini, so their 'private area' is only available to VV guests when the ship is in port. Otherwise, the area is open to resort guests and they have the exact same cabanas elsewhere in the resort. We're heading out on Scarlet Lady in July and had made similar comments, $500 is a lot of money for an open cabana like that. 

Here's the main website for that resort, which apparently you can get to via a ferry boat from Florida for around $200.  https://www.rwbimini.com/

virgin.PNG

25 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

It's exactly the same resort and same Cabanas as Virgin Voyages only VV charges $500. VV actually did a partnership with Resorts World Bimini, so their 'private area' is only available to VV guests when the ship is in port. Otherwise, the area is open to resort guests and they have the exact same cabanas elsewhere in the resort. We're heading out on Scarlet Lady in July and had made similar comments, $500 is a lot of money for an open cabana like that. 

Here's the main website for that resort, which apparently you can get to via a ferry boat from Florida for around $200.  https://www.rwbimini.com/

virgin.PNG

Well then, $400 is sounding better - lol

I had read something about the arrangements with Virgin (@ Bimini). I've toyed with the idea of giving VV a try, but I'm not sure I'd fit the right "vibe level". Being nearly 60, I'd probably be as out of place on Holland America - in the opposite direction!

Tom

Tom

• Like 1