Fast easy boarding.

2 minutes ago, thefog said:

How do you book  your boarding time to get on the ship faster?My husband is handicapped and i have no clue what too do.

This may vary by port, but there should be a process in place to assist folks who need help - if you mention the port someone here may give you specifics.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thefog said:

How do you book  your boarding time to get on the ship faster?My husband is handicapped and i have no clue what too do.

My wife is in a wheelchair, I find that it's helpful to do your online check in as soon as it's available to get the earliest boarding time.  And then, I usually show up extra early even if I have to sit in the car for a bit.  I find that early is better.  I can only speak to Bayonne and Tampa, but I'd imagine that most ports will have a separate line for disabled folks.  Just ask the porter when you're dropping off your bags if there is a handicapped check in area.  

As @Tonopah says, fill out the special needs form on the Royal website.  You can find a link to 'Accessible Cruising' at the bottom of the main page.  You'll find a link to the form there.  You can request boarding assistance on that form and anything you may need.  I've found them to be helpful, although I have made requests ahead of time that didn't get filled.  But no matter, the room attendants are always helpful, especially if you're in an accessible cabin.

• Like 3

One more thing to remember as you seem a bit anxious with your question...

You're going to be one of many disabled folks on the boat.  And for good reason, it's an incredibly convenient vacation if you have trouble getting around.  And because there are a number of folks like us, they make a decent effort at making things as convenient as they can.  I promise you you'll have a great time.  Happy to try and answer any other questions you may have.  👩‍🦽🚢

• Like 3