Pride of America Specialty Restaurants Questions

sylai

We are going on Pride of America and planning on doing some dinners (if they only offer dinners) at specialty restaurants. We plan on making all specialty restaurants reservations once on board as advised here. But this is the only point that I am not confused or not having questions. So we are wondering:

* Where do we make reservations, do they have a desk set up or I will need to go to each specialty restaurant once on board? Or this changes from sailing to sailing?

* Do they charge the regular (adult) cover charge for a five-year-old, even if ordering off kids’ menu?

* Is the formal night also the lobster night?

* When is the formal night?

* When is the lobster night?

* Is it that you order one item under each category, or they let you try out all the appetizer items (like on Princess)?

* How much is the cover charge for Jefferson Bistro, East Meets West regular dining, East Meets West Tappenyaki dining, East Meets West Sushi Bar? (No charge at Little Italy, right?)

* Are all specialty restaurants dinner only?

* How does the two-for-one special at specialty restaurants work? Specific dining time? First night only at certain restaurants? Or may not happen at all? Or depending on the mood of the person who puts out the special before each sailing?

Thank you very much and look forward to the insights.

The place for reservations is the closest thing to you when you first board, about 20 feet away at closest side of main desk. You can sign up right when you get on, that's what I did to reserve the first night. I signed up for the rest of the week the next day. I ended up cancelling the steakhouse reservation, no problem or fee if you cancel before lunch that day. The people who waited til the 3rd night to start signing up regreted it.

I don't think they charge for the 5 year olds. You can order multiple appetizers, I did. Specialty restaurants are all dinner only. The lobster and formal night are different nights.

No charge at little italy. See if you can sign up there for the first seating on the last night, probably get an amazing view of napali coast like we did. The food at Little Italy was alright, but was really good at east meets west and jeffersons. Jeffersons is amazing just to look at, nicely decorated. I didn't try the steakhouse, sushi bar, teppanyaki. The people doing teppanyaki looked like they were having fun.

Do sign up as soon as you get on, which you already know or you won't get a reservation.....

Formal night was Tuesday.... And Lobster night was Thursday night....

Little Italy, no charge.. But they are busy to so book right away....

The sushi was awesome.... fresh fish and lot's of choices.... and for $5.... You can't beat it........

All formal nights on all NCL ships are OPTIONAL. There will be one optional formal night on your 7 day cruise. On Hawaiian cruises only abou 30% will dress up (tuxes to shirt/tie), another 30% will be in Hawaiian attire (flowered shirts) and the other 40% will be in resort casual (polo shirts, kahkis, sundresses. No jeans, t-shirts, or shorts).

The dress code is the same for all main and specialty restaurants on board. The only place to wear shorts or jeans to dinner is the buffet.

When we were on in January they had changed it where you make your reservations at each restaurant. They no longer had the table in the main lobby.

The prices differ for the speciality restaurants. The basic charge is $10 pp, the steakhouse was $15 pp unless you wanted the surf and turf and then it was $25 pp. The Teppanaki (sp?) part of East Meets West was $20.

You can wear jeans in the steak house.

As for as the 1/2 price went, on our cruise they didn't have the first night but had it Thursday night and only announced the night before in the Daily. They said that it was the first week they had done this.It included the steak restaurant which before the first night discount did not.

It seemed that you could have as many appetizers,salads,desserts,etc but just one entree.

hope this helps

Thank you for information and recommendation. Sounds like they are changing things as they go. But I will definitely make this the first thing to settle once on board, so that I can relax. Thanks again.

As for as the 1/2 price went, on our cruise they didn't have the first night but had it Thursday night and only announced the night before in the Daily. They said that it was the first week they had done this.It included the steak restaurant which before the first night discount did not.

It seemed that you could have as many appetizers,salads,desserts,etc but just one entree.

hope this helps

Has anyone else been on recently know if this is still the trend. We'll be going in July on the POAm, and are also planning on getting the Romance Package, which will cover Le Bistro, but we would like to try some of the other specialty restaurants. 1/2 price would allow us to sample more and stay in the buget a bit easier :)

Thanks!

Archived