Tested positive

Rv6flyer

There where 6 of us on the May 3rd cruise. One tested positive when he got home. We all ate. Dinner together. All six where on deck 6 (6085,6081,6082) The one who was in 6085 tested positive. They called Oceania and told them and the cabin # .

So did any of the others in your group test positive since the cruise??

maybe post in the roll call for that cruise so others can test if they have not done so  or became ill

I personally would greatly appreciate someone letting me know so that I can get tested,  people have covid and do not even know it.

Thank You Rv6flyer for posting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rv6flyer said:

Nobody else has gotten sick, 

What date did the cruise end?

Did your cruise end today?

Others could have covid but just not know it YET

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

and you are telling us why???

Jancruz1

Was this necessary? I think the poster was letting others know that there was a possibilty that others on the cruise might be at risk and should monitor.  

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

What date did the cruise end?

Did your cruise end today?

Others could have covid but just not know it YET

It did end today, we just got home ourselves.  We’re feeling fine.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rv6flyer said:

There where 6 of us on the May 3rd cruise. One tested positive when he got home. We all ate. Dinner together. All six where on deck 6 (6085,6081,6082) The one who was in 6085 tested positive. They called Oceania and told them and the cabin # .

We were on this cruise with you.  Was your cruise mate  feeling at all unwell during the cruise?  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

I think Jan’s statement relates to the fact that you only needed to tell those who were also on that cruise. Broadcasting to the huge majority of us who weren’t seems pointless.

Thank you, exactly what I meant..IMHO I dont think this helps anyone not on the last cruise 

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, msmardell said:

I personally would greatly appreciate someone letting me know so that I can get tested,  people have covid and do not even know it.

Thank You Rv6flyer for posting.

Perhaps posting it on their roll call would make  better sense (in terms of alerting their fellow passengers to be vigilant and self quarantine.

I appreciate the person in the cabin that tested positive, contacted O,  and O appears to have followed up with contact tracing. It seems to me to be a responsible thing to do to notify those you interacted with of your condition. 

10 hours ago, LNielsen said:

It did end today, we just got home ourselves.  We’re feeling fine.  

Thanks

Were you in direct contact with the person that tested positive?

I would keep testing  it is early days  & you could feel fine & carry the virus

The person that was I’ll was part of our group. Had dinner together e dry night and did several did several excursions together.  He felt Ill the second to last night and did not come to dinner. Nobody else has tested positive as of this morning.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks

Were you in direct contact with the person that tested positive?

I would keep testing  it is early days  & you could feel fine & carry the virus

We were not to my knowledge.  However,  one never knows.  There are several activities on cruises that do put you in close contact.   We are  monitoring ourselves here at home.  

Edited by LNielsen

2 hours ago, LNielsen said:

We are  monitoring ourselves here at home.  

Good  idea

The covid droplets  are in the air  so anyone can pick up the virus  just walking around the ship

same as  the "cruise cough"  I seem to get most cruises 😲

4 hours ago, Rv6flyer said:

The person that was I’ll was part of our group. Had dinner together e dry night and did several did several excursions together.  He felt Ill the second to last night and did not come to dinner. Nobody else has tested positive as of this morning.

But you don't know where the positive person might have been exposed. Could have been on land, on the ship, on the plane. Anyone who travels nowadays and into the future, whether by cruise, plane, or bus, is going to be exposed to and likely test positive for covid. Covid is here, in endemic, and is now part of life.

We all have to deal with it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Good  idea

The covid droplets  are in the air  so anyone can pick up the virus  just walking around the ship

same as  the "cruise cough"  I seem to get most cruises 😲

Agreed!   Fortunately, we do not need to leave the house for any reason on a daily basis so it is easy for us to self-isolate.   

• Like 1