Cheers to You promotion denied

On 18th May I booked the Melbourne Cup cruise from Brisbane because of the Cheers to You promotion which advertised $49 deposits and the Premium Drinks package included in the fare.

Imagine my disappointment on finding after booking that I couldn’t have the Drinks Package because the Melbourne Cup cruise was considered a special event! There was no mention of this while I was making the booking and according to the agent on the P&O chat line the package is recorded on my booking. Has this happened to any other cruisers?

2 hours ago, DinkyDee67 said:

On 18th May I booked the Melbourne Cup cruise from Brisbane because of the Cheers to You promotion which advertised $49 deposits and the Premium Drinks package included in the fare.

Imagine my disappointment on finding after booking that I couldn’t have the Drinks Package because the Melbourne Cup cruise was considered a special event! There was no mention of this while I was making the booking and according to the agent on the P&O chat line the package is recorded on my booking. Has this happened to any other cruisers?

Time to become a squeaky wheel. Consumers Affairs perhaps?

17 minutes ago, dogboy53 said:

As far as I remember the drinks package was never available on the Melbourne Cup cruise. 

It definitely was when I made the booking because it came up unexpectedly, no proof unfortunately 🙁

I believe that the T&C's say that the Melbourne Cup cruises they were offering the alternative of Onboard Spending Money.  It is common (understandably) to not include drinks packages to cruises that are linked to a lot of boozing (ie Melb Cup, State of Origin etc). 

"Onboard Spending Money is per room in AUD and applies to cruises 6 nights or less and the 7 and 8 night Melbourne Cup sailings –i250, i350, v359, v247).

Edited by Mulgagirl
Clarification

And their Beverage Packge page on their website specifically states that the packages are not available for the Melbourne Cup and State of Origin Cruises.  It's important to read everything....

https://www.pocruises.com.au/plan/know-before-you-go/life-onboard/beverage-packages?utm_source=pocruises&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=premiumdrinks&TCCN=8577505707