Tangier & Casablanca

We opted to take a Shore Excursion with the ship and saw many great sights:  Hassan II Mosque,Mohammed V Square, a government and commercial centre, the City Hall (amazing tile), drove along the sea shore where many restaurants and night clubs are located.  Also stopped at a souk for shopping and passed by Rick's Café (believe it is a recreation of the one on the set of the movie).

On 6/1/2022 at 10:33 PM, toseaornottosea said:

Will soon be on a cruise that stops in both ports.  Ships tours or private independent tour with a guide?  

In Tangier we opted for ship tours, yet other guest did choose an independent tour and others went out at there own. The later I would have not recommended but even those guests found it surprisingly easy for the markets at least.

Both ships and independent tours might / are likely to include some hard selling pitch. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

We used Ali at http://www.alitangiertours.com/ for a 4 hour tour.  He met us and returned us to the ship.  Some driving, a good deal of walking.  Very pleasant guy.  A good tour.  Just beware that you may end up at a rug store with what I would call mid-pressure as opposed to high-pressure to buy a rug. If you're not interested in rugs just let him know.  In fairness my sister did buy 2 rugs.  Bottom line I would recommend Ali.  

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2023 at 11:38 AM, toseaornottosea said:

We used Ali at http://www.alitangiertours.com/ for a 4 hour tour.  He met us and returned us to the ship.  Some driving, a good deal of walking.  Very pleasant guy.  A good tour.  Just beware that you may end up at a rug store with what I would call mid-pressure as opposed to high-pressure to buy a rug. If you're not interested in rugs just let him know.  In fairness my sister did buy 2 rugs.  Bottom line I would recommend Ali.  

Thank you for the information.

Was your tour when you were docked in Tangier or Casablanca? We will be docked in Casablanca.

Monica

Edited by Compass Rose Monica

• 4 months later...