Scuba in Tortola or St. Kitts?

Team Stag

Anyone have any experience with scuba diving in either location?  Do you have any operators that you have used that you would recommend (or recommend to avoid)?  Is the diving any good in general at these spots?

Thanks in advance.

I can't help with Tortola, as I haven't been there (yet).

For St. Kitts I've always enjoyed diving there, although I wouldn't describe the sites as particularly amazing.  I've dived with Austen & Margot at Pro Divers St. Kitts several times, and I find them to be very good.  Their boat is in the marina immediately adjacent to the cruise pier, so there are no transport issues.  They meet you at the pier gate, and walk you to the boat.  You definitely want to book in advance.  My recollection is they can be a bit slow to respond to emails, but they do get everything right.  https://prodiversstkitts.com/

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

11 hours ago, omeinv said:

I can't help with Tortola, as I haven't been there (yet).

For St. Kitts I've always enjoyed diving there, although I wouldn't describe the sites as particularly amazing.  I've dived with Austen & Margot at Pro Divers St. Kitts several times, and I find them to be very good.  Their boat is in the marina immediately adjacent to the cruise pier, so there are no transport issues.  They meet you at the pier gate, and walk you to the boat.  You definitely want to book in advance.  My recollection is they can be a bit slow to respond to emails, but they do get everything right.  https://prodiversstkitts.com/

Harris

Denver, CO

Excellent info.  Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have also gone with Pro Divers at St. Kitts and had a lovely time.  They took us to an area with an underwater vent, and another area with a lot of crusing sharks.  Was a great time.

As for Tortola, I've only been there once, but Blue Water Divers BVI was excellent.  I saw my first reef squids with them!   I can't say which is better, honestly I would dive both 😁

• Like 1

• 2 months later...