Southwest change to travel funds expiration / extension dates; new schedule rollout

pcur

I called today to ask for an extension on expired Travel Funds.  You cannot get an extension until AFTER the funds expire. The agent told me they had just recently changed the policy for 2022:  all travel funds can be extended to 12/31/22 for no fee.  It used to be a $100 fee, so this is good news.

The Travel Funds are converted to LUV vouchers, good until 12/31/22, but they don't cover taxes or fees.  On the CA-FL, and CA-DTW routes I checked, that would be $60 - $65 in cash.  I'm good with that, too.

She also told me the next booking schedule release was supposed to have been released on 6/10, not 6/16, and they are doing system maintenance today (Sunday 6/12), so the schedule through the end of Jan '23 might be up later today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My travel funds expire in Sept. I called today and the funds were transferred to a LUV voucher. It will expire in 6 months. Also, they are transferable. 
BTW my GF called last week and was also told that you could not get an extension until after the travel funds expire. You both must have got the same agent. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Curious if anyone that requested travel funds be converted to LUV vouchers has actually received them yet. I called on June 19th and made the request and was told at that time it would take 10 - 14 days to receive them. I called after 19 days and was told it was taking longer than usual due to the amount of requests. I received an email over the weekend saying it may take up to 45 days to receive them. Curious about others are experiencing the same thing.