LIVE Carnival Ecstasy 6/20-6/25

MeganGC1983

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

MeganGC1983 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Let’s go cruising! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Once again, it’s my pleasure to take you all along on a fabulous getaway via Carnival Cruise Line. This time, it’s a kids cruise on the Ecstasy from Mobile, AL to Cozumel and Progreso. My kids are 11, 8 and 7, with the 7 yo getting his blue card this sailing. So pull on your responsible parent pants/hoochie daddy shorts, pre-purchase cabin booze, budget time for plenty of bathroom breaks, and fill up the gas tank for an overnight road trip to ALABAMA! Hope you’ll follow along! 

• Like 29

This cruise was an impulse grab. I recently (March) traveled to Mobile for work and got to check her out in port. She definitely made me miss the Fascination. We decided to take the kids on a quick 5 day in the summer because they were priced right (in April) as long as it wasn’t out of Galveston. I looked at our schedules, and the only one that worked was this one… small problem, my sister gets married in OKC on Sunday, the 19th. So obviously driving all night to the Port of Mobile is the only solution. So, pre-cruise accommodations will be Aloft Downtown OKC, and I’m running around this week like a crazy person packing for a wedding and a cruise because we will not have time to swing home between the events. 

B6EA87DE-70B9-4207-93BC-059778A93DEE.jpeg

95600355-F8E3-4E11-9426-728357CE78C8.jpeg

• Like 7

I checked us all in 11pm central time, Sunday the 5th. We have a 10:30am check-in time, boarding group A02. The kids are registered for Camp Ocean and will NOT be allowed to check themselves out. For me, that’s just asking for trouble, and I will NOT have the kids pushing all the elevator buttons nor trashing the Swirl stations. It’s a “kid cruise” but supervisor is still my mom job. With that being said, no CHEERS! this trip 🤯😞 I know, I know, but there definitely will be cocktails and in cabin booze. My kids just aren’t ready to meet 15 drink Megan yet. 😆

I pre-purchased the “internets” before the price increase, so that is ready to rock. We have ATD like usual, and Covid tests are scheduled at Walgreens for Saturday morning before the rehearsal dinner we all have to attend. Luggage tags laminated, Covid cards/passports ready to roll, and ducks have been tagged! 

A7172A39-6FF2-449D-B153-0AC51E3A7DF8.jpeg

5BB0FBD8-B219-4B07-A735-5AD55BC925CA.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Guest BasicSailor

I truly enjoy Mobile and wish a larger ship were docking at the port.

Edited by BasicSailor

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

You’re in luck because Spirit is coming.

Well, I missed that news , thanks.

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Let’s go cruising! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Once again, it’s my pleasure to take you all along on a fabulous getaway via Carnival Cruise Line. This time, it’s a kids cruise on the Ecstasy from Mobile, AL to Cozumel and Progreso. My kids are 11, 8 and 7, with the 7 yo getting his blue card this sailing. So pull on your responsible parent pants/hoochie daddy shorts, pre-purchase cabin booze, budget time for plenty of bathroom breaks, and fill up the gas tank for an overnight road trip to ALABAMA! Hope you’ll follow along! 

A road trip leading up to the cruise and no cheers? Are you sure that's a sound decision? 😆

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, mkcurran said:

A road trip leading up to the cruise and no cheers? Are you sure that's a sound decision? 😆

Probably not, but I have another cruise 2 weeks after this one ends and it’s  with cheers! to fix any wrongs. I’ll hedge my bets. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just for an example of how crazy my week is… today we had summer reading, cheer/dance coaches/parents meeting and my dad’s birthday party.  Add in a few hours of work and That’s a pretty busy Tuesday around here. I’ll also did the last of the pre-cruise shopping. We had to have road snacks and snorkels for all the kids. So obviously a cocktail was needed with dinner and I had 2 pieces of rum cake… 😬

B63DB24C-B974-453F-8B33-9B2D080CDE73.jpeg

E539740B-9D7E-4FA2-A4A0-EEE6A9A9CF58.jpeg

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Looking forward to this one! We're sorry that we didn't have time to sail on her one more time before she leaves the fleet.:classic_cool:

Visiting her really wasn’t enough. I needed the full experience. 😆

Following along Megan! If the kids are really in to snorkeling and you have enough time for an online purchase, I would recommend some anti fog gel for the snorkel masks. If they are brand new they take a few uses before they don't fog up. Also if you have sunscreen on your face it is more likely to fog the mask up. Safe travels!!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cscomedygrl said:

Following along Megan! If the kids are really in to snorkeling and you have enough time for an online purchase, I would recommend some anti fog gel for the snorkel masks. If they are brand new they take a few uses before they don't fog up. Also if you have sunscreen on your face it is more likely to fog the mask up. Safe travels!!

That’s a good idea. This will be their first snorkel experience, although they are high maintenance and think they have to have Google to swim. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha 2