Costa Luminosa to join the Carnival Fleet in Brisbane

Hey Brisbane, it's official, Costa Luminosa is joining the Carnival fleet. She arrives in Brisbane in November this year and will be deployed seasonally. Bookings open shortly with more details to come!

Ā 

this was posted on the FB site

Edited by rkmw
  • Like 3

From the horses mouthĀ 

Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022 | Carnival Cruise Line News (carnival-news.com)

Ā 

Wow, fantastic newsĀ šŸ˜‰

A Spirit class ship replaced by a Spirit class ship, but lots of spin to make it seem like it is a great new addition instead of an apology for taking Carnival Spirit away.

• Haha 1

Great news Bob, and for you now you are in Brisbane areašŸ˜

And also great for those of us that like a cruise from Australia to Hawaii. (hoping it does the Sydney/Hawaii sectors like the Legend did)

From what I read it is only here October to April then sails across for the Alaska season.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

And also great for those of us that like a cruise from Australia to Hawaii. (hoping it does the Sydney/Hawaii sectors like the Legend did)

From what I read it is only here October to April then sails across for the Alaska season.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Probably do the Fire and Ice cruise, Hawaii then Alaska, we did that on Carnival Spirit back in 2005. Fairly new ship back then.

38 minutes ago, arxcards said:

From the horses mouthĀ 

Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022 | Carnival Cruise Line News (carnival-news.com)

Ā 

Wow, fantastic newsĀ šŸ˜‰

A Spirit class ship replaced by a Spirit class ship, but lots of spin to make it seem like it is a great new addition instead of an apology for taking Carnival Spirit away.

The video tells me that the dĆ©cor of Luminosa is going to be easier on the eyes than that of Spirit (which was akin to a psychedelic nightmare)Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Chez it will be nice to see what the itinerary is and Iā€™m off on the Coral tomorrow and Iā€™ll let you know what itā€™s like

We are only getting it in Brisbane seasonally. Was supposed to be a year-round Brisbane ship. Disappointed. My Spirit NYE was cancelled, and now a ship WILL actually be here at NYE (already booked the Splendor from Sydney for this NYE). No winter Carnival sailings from Brisbane.

Edited by CDaze71

5 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Chez it will be nice to see what the itinerary is and Iā€™m off on the Coral tomorrow and Iā€™ll let you know what itā€™s like

Have a fabulous time Bob, so happy for you to be back on a ship.

Stay safe and healthyšŸ„°

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

The video tells me that the dĆ©cor of Luminosa is going to be easier on the eyes than that of Spirit (which was akin to a psychedelic nightmare)Ā 

Yeah, that was interesting. It was like they sent out a brief to a class of art students as a competition, but they couldn't decide a winner and picked them all. Still, Luminosa is currently Costa decor. It will be interesting to see if Carnival has any special interior upgrades for it.

32 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

We are only getting it in Brisbane seasonally. Was supposed to be a year-round Brisbane ship. Disappointed. My Spirit NYE was cancelled, and now a ship WILL actually be here at NYE (already booked the Splendor from Sydney for this NYE). No winter Carnival sailings from Brisbane.

Yet

18 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yet

But I have 3 x FCC's that need to be used up by early 2024, and I can only cruise in the school holidays. So I will see when the ship is here and try and work out how to use up the FCC's before they expire.Ā 

39 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

But I have 3 x FCC's that need to be used up by early 2024, and I can only cruise in the school holidays. So I will see when the ship is here and try and work out how to use up the FCC's before they expire.Ā 

B2B2B

Ā 

PS, the dates for Spirit at the new terminal could be a good guide for upcoming dates.

Edited by arxcards
PS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

B2B2B

Ā 

PS, the dates for Spirit at the new terminal could be a good guide for upcoming dates.

Yep maybe. Will have a look-see and come up with a plan to use all 3. There might even be a Hawaii repo again, like the Legend. Hmmmmmm.Ā 

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

Barry Splendor is worse haha!! Pink everywhere, but we got over it quick and really enjoy Carnival.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Yep maybe. Will have a look-see and come up with a plan to use all 3. There might even be a Hawaii repo again, like the Legend. Hmmmmmm.Ā 

In school hols?Ā šŸ˜

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

In school hols?Ā šŸ˜

It was when we did it on the Legend but extra time off needed for that one. We took a month off and the middle bit was fully within the school hols.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Barry Splendor is worse haha!! Pink everywhere, but we got over it quick and really enjoy Carnival.

When Carnival Spirit first came to Australia, they advertised it as a family cruise and accentuated the waterslide - apparently there were around a Million children on the first cruise šŸ™‚Ā - so I put it into my "never sail on this ship" ever file. Then a couple of years later we chose to go on her for some complicated reasons - and had a great time. šŸ™‚Ā But the dĆ©corĀ !!! - my eyes still hurt!Ā Ā 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rkmw said:

Have a great time Bob. Canā€™t wait to hear all about the cruise!

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away. No, I am not particularly religious, but it is a turn of phrase.

Ā 

We were in the process of booking a cruise on Royal Princess late next year, and it appears these are about to be pulled from sale. Looks like a shuffle of chairs coming up so that the Carnival brands don't need to compete too hard with each other.

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away. No, I am not particularly religious, but it is a turn of phrase.

Ā 

We were in the process of booking a cruise on Royal Princess late next year, and it appears these are about to be pulled from sale. Looks like a shuffle of chairs coming up so that the Carnival brands don't need to compete too hard with each other.

Royal not coming to Aus Geoff?

Hopefully they will replace with a Grand class, come on over SapphirešŸ˜‰

4 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Royal not coming to Aus Geoff?

Hopefully they will replace with a Grand class, come on over SapphirešŸ˜‰

I thought it looked that way. I was told the cruise we wanted to book has been suspended, but I am waiting to hear back whether it is just the early part of the season. Our planned cruise was for 23rd September 2023

Ā 

It now looks like there are some changes starting to happen on Princess, and there is nothing for Royal Princess between 30th April 2023 & 23rd October 2023. The 23rd October one is a QLD Coastal, so at this stage it looks like Royal Princess will still be coming, but a month later.