Follow up “live” for June 19 coral princess

32 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Is there a better selection by the glass rather than by a package?

The Plus package states all drinks up to $16 so any wine by the glass within that limit should be included. I'm not sure what they are trying to do with their special package wine lists, which mostly aren't wines I want to drink.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I prefer crispy bacon too and the Sabatinis bacon looked perfect. Usually the MDR bacon is horrid but it was very nice on Sea Princess i  2019.

I also can’t stand egg white that jiggles! It was to be cooked. Happy with runny yolks but not whites lol

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We had a half and half! Capricosa? And Tarantino? Shrimps and muscles lol was delicious.

coukdnt tell you about the wine but I enjoyed my Mocktail key west cooler 

I’m not sure re the maple syrup type but whatever it was I really enjoyed it. It doesn’t come with bacon, waiter just offered cos I’ve always asked for crispy bacon and it went down a treat.

4C15180C-0634-4A83-AABA-13B9EA95D00D.jpeg

Bacon and maple syrup are a match made in heaven! 😊

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

A question re the aft pool, is that for everyone's use, or just those that have booked the Sanctuary?

It looks as though the Sanctuary is above it.

Thanks for all your info😀

It's supposed to be just for those using the Sanctuary I believe. I'm not sure whether they check that or not though.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Bacon and maple syrup are a match made in heaven! 😊

The amount of maple syrup the Yanks pour over over their breakfast, Princess probably buys it in 44 gallon drums, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Just take triple dose of cholestrol pills, lol.

Which I actually don’t have any prescribed meds lol. Don’t worry I haven’t eaten it every day 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

🤢Did you see the layers of fat on that streaky nuked bacon in your pics? Heart attack on a plate, lol.

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Of course I did! Right before I ate it 😂

Most of the fat renders off so you're left with just enough to hold it together, plus most of the flavour is actually in the fat. Not just with bacon either, that's why wagyu beef is so prized.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's supposed to be just for those using the Sanctuary I believe. I'm not sure whether they check that or not though.

The sanctuary is odd. We were just exploring ship when we got in. Wondered aft and came upon the sanctuary loungers right next to where we were standing! No partition, nothing. I told Frank quickly not to sit down in case they charged him lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The amount of maple syrup the Yanks pour over over their breakfast, Princess probably buys it in 44 gallon drums, lol.

That stuff isn't maple syrup, it's disgusting high fructose corn syrup trying to masquerade as maple syrup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

That stuff isn't maple syrup, it's disgusting high fructose corn syrup trying to masquerade as maple syrup.

Gosh I’m done for ! Fat and sugar I’ll be rolling off lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

The sanctuary is odd. We were just exploring ship when we got in. Wondered aft and came upon the sanctuary loungers right next to where we were standing! No partition, nothing. I told Frank quickly not to sit down in case they charged him lol

We usually use the Sanctuary on sea days but probably won't on the upcoming cruise as we have the suite. But I'll be sussing it out as we'll probably use it on our August cruise. It will be a nice change having the wake views though.

We've seen people in the past walk into the Sanctuary and just take a lounger. Mostly they leave very quickly once the steward informs them of the charge but once there was a guy who flatly refused to move. He got a bit aggressive so they called security and they removed him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We usually use the Sanctuary on sea days but probably won't on the upcoming cruise as we have the suite. But I'll be sussing it out as we'll probably use it on our August cruise. It will be a nice change having the wake views though.

We've seen people in the past walk into the Sanctuary and just take a lounger. Mostly they leave very quickly once the steward informs them of the charge but once there was a guy who flatly refused to move. He got a bit aggressive so they called security and they removed him.

Def with a suite you might not need. We loving sitting out on ours. We’re not actually sit by the pool

people either. But on the other ships we’ve definitely made good use of the adults only pool and spa and there are none of those on here. So if the aft pool belongs to the sanctuary that would be a plus. I always understood the sanctuary to be special cos they would bring your eats and drinks there but with the app anyone anywhere gets that special treatment.

27 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It looks like it’s fir the sanctuary. Actually the sanctuary is a bit disappointing to me from what I’ve seen on other ships. It’s like they have just stuck it in an open area at back of ship whereas other ships it’s sort of elevated and more private. Anyone just pottering around just walks down to the aft deck and your right at the sanctuary right next to the day beds.

of course I’ve never used the sanctuary anywhere but it def doesn’t look private or exclusive.

Well that's a shame if it is☹️ We sometimes book an inside with access to the aft pool.

Which reminds me of another question.....Baja, Caribe, Dolphin and Emerald aft all have access to outside decks. Do they have chairs or sunlounges on them? Are they used or busy? Probably for sailaway!

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That awful streaky bacon, I call it 'Nuked' or 'Cremated.' It is the way the Yanks like it.  In the MDR and Buffets they used to have the English type bacon also Canadian bacon.

In the past you could request English Bacon & it would be cooked fresh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I also can’t stand egg white that jiggles! It was to be cooked. Happy with runny yolks but not whites lol

Agree It can't be served at Aged Care Homes unless it is fully cooked.  Fully Cooked in oven is OK.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Well that's a shame if it is☹️ We sometimes book an inside with access to the aft pool.

Which reminds me of another question.....Baja, Caribe, Dolphin and Emerald aft all have access to outside decks. Do they have chairs or sunlounges on them? Are they used or busy? Probably for sailaway!

I’ll see if I can find out. We’ve not been out the back door (we’re on caribe) but I’ll wander down . We’ve been on inside too and sat out the back like our own private deck lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Agree It can't be served at Aged Care Homes unless it is fully cooked.  Fully Cooked in oven is OK.

I know princess is regarded as a ship for older people but I wouldn’t call it an aged care home 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

Just now, Cbtours said:

I’ll see if I can find out. We’ve not been out the back door (we’re on caribe) but I’ll wander down . We’ve been on inside too and sat out the back like our own private deck lol

Me too  We lived out there when we came into port and departed, on another ship with crew smokers1