New Celebrity commercials

KevBew

For those that have not seen them yet, you can go online to www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials and then type in Celebrity in the search. I have to say that they remind me of some of our local commercials (which is saying a lot about our local commercials). :p

Okay, I just watched the "accent" Celebrity commercial, and it's at least a little better than "the acceptance speach" one. Too bad they didn't have a guy that actually looked like Sean Connery for that part.

Horrible horrible adverts both this years and last. The only one I liked of Celebrity's was the one for the introduction of Cirque on board.

My favourite cruiseline commercials have been Carnival's Christmas one with the gold wrapped Carnival cruiseship and

The other is one that RCCL is running showing the teenage daughter being caught smiling and dropping the smile and speeding away on her jetski when she realises she has been caught.

That commercial is adorable.

Hasn't anyone ever rehearsed their Oscar acceptance speech! Or felt like James Bond in their tux! Am I the only one out there that sometimes has a fantasy life, especially on a cruise. Thought the ads were cute and entertaining.

I particularly think they were targeted to younger Baby Boomers, such as myself. Don't get me wrong, I loved last year's campaign, but it seemed to appeal to more mature folks.

On our Infinity Hawaii cruise in Apriil of 03 they were running "test spot" ads towards the end of the cruise on the channel that shows the bow of the ship. They had Israel IZ Kamakawiwoole singing his version of Over the Rainbow with shots from inside the ship and some destinations. I had that song in my head for so long I ended up buying the album. Point is, it was a GREAT ad and like others have said, it left you with a song that left you with an image. They never ran the ads off the ships but I wish they had. It was a GREAT set of spots. The current ads leave me cold. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Neither of these commercials have been aired that I have seen in the Northeast. The Carnival and RCCL with the girl and the "attitude" are on all the time. Now having seen them I realize that I wasn't missing anything. The ideas were there but they just didn't pull it together very well. The sight of the ship sailing by with the X on it gets me everytime. This commercial said it all and the new ones - well like the original post I would never have noticed it was Celebrity.

I guess it is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love these new ads. They have a lighthearted, playful feel to them. And isn't that why we are all going cruising????? To feel lighthearted and playful???

I liked last year's ads as well. In fact, you might see a little taste of those in my countdown clock in my signature.

Scott

...entering the dining room on deck 5 each evening with the specific intent of "working the staircase" down to our table on deck 4.

Oh, I am SO glad to hear that someone else likes to make an entrance that way! Especially following an hour in the martini bar! :)

Archived