Kids, Phones, Ship app

itsanita

We will be with 3 kids on a Celebrity cruise in July.  I am wondering how the ship app work for kids.  

We adults have downloaded and created passwords and user names.   

Can the kids use the same ones?  Or do we have to create their own user name and password?   The apps have a 'communication' area that we are hoping we can use to keep in touch while on the ship with the kids.  

Can anyone fill me in on how this works?   

• 8 months later...

It’s been a while since you posted this question… but I am booking  a Celebrity cruise this summer with my 8 year old and am wondering what you discovered about the app for your kids? Do you need to purchase the internet package for it to work? 

in general, how did you like celebrity with your kids? We haven’t pushed the button yet because celebrity is so adult oriented… TIA!

When you are replying to an older thread where the OP has not returned, you might address her in the post as @itsanitaand if she has notifications turned on, she will see it.  You can also click on her avatar/username and see where she is currently posting.  EM

6 hours ago, ktcruiser said:

It’s been a while since you posted this question… but I am booking  a Celebrity cruise this summer with my 8 year old and am wondering what you discovered about the app for your kids? Do you need to purchase the internet package for it to work? 

in general, how did you like celebrity with your kids? We haven’t pushed the button yet because celebrity is so adult oriented… TIA!

Hi there!   Yes the kids were all able to use Celebrity's free app.  They all just downloaded the app on their phones.  We all used it to check in with them.  The only down side is it does not notify you when you have a new message.  We told the kids they needed to check their phone OFTEN to look for new messages.  The little ones had to check in every 1/2 hour .....in other words they had to send a message to their parents every 1/2 hour.   At least at the beginning of the cruise.  Once every one got comfortable, it was not as often.

Our kids had a ball.  They loved the activities, used the pool (and hot tub when adults were not in them).  They played with the 'games' in the kid area and really enjoyed trying all kinds of new foods every night.