Favorite Royal Class And Ship

Voyager class or Freedom class are my favorites because of the Royal Promenade. We've never sailed anything bigger and, at this point, have no intention to. I think the bigger ships are too big. My favorite ship right now is Freedom. I love the additions she got with her Amplification. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DonnaK said:

I prefer the Quantum class.  I like the boutique hotel feeling onboard, as well as the entertainment options and the beautiful solarium.  I also like that there is an indoor family pool, which keeps the little ones out of the solarium.

No indoor family pool on Quantum Ultra

2 hours ago, renza said:

No Allure does not need the amplification. Why make it like all it’s sisters. We love it without  the big purple slide and love the diamond lounge. You are one of the few who want it changed 

Count me in as one who wants the change.

But the change is much more than the slides

Playmakers

Lime and Coconut

New Solarium areas 

Portside BBQ

El Loco Fresh

Music Hall

Giovanni's Wine Bar/Kitchen

Etc....

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

January-April 2024 it is doing the short cruises I mentioned out of PC.

Info from the RC website of course.

I'm booked on one. Some folks are clueless.

Actually starts shorties in Nov 2023

Screenshot_20220625-125454_Royal.thumb.jpg.70ac06427aeacdbbb44d77818beaf763.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, renza said:

Omg you are talking a year and a half out. For now it will be in Fort Lauderdale till oct then going to Texas. Who knows 2 years from now. Lol

Obviously you don't 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, renza said:

They should do it now. Oasis class ships never do 3-4 night cruises. They should do it year around. To bad it’s 2 years out. 

Wasn't that long ago Voyager ships never did 3/4, and now Freedom ships are doing them😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Very much too bad in my case. I'm doing a B2B 3 and 4-night out of PC in 20 days. Nothing against Indy, I'm looking forward to going back on Freedom class for the first time in forever, but it would be pretty great on Allure.

Indy was fun

26 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Voyager class or Freedom class are my favorites because of the Royal Promenade. We've never sailed anything bigger and, at this point, have no intention to. I think the bigger ships are too big. My favorite ship right now is Freedom. I love the additions she got with her Amplification. 

Oasis Promenade is nice

32 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We love the Quantum class the best.  Bumper cars, ifly, 270 and the Schooner Bar is our favorite.

Spent 8 days on her and never once stopped in Schooner. Loved Music Hall

32 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We love the Quantum class the best.  Bumper cars, ifly, 270 and the Schooner Bar is our favorite.

I like the quantum class, but have only been on Odyssey, and I would really like to know if Anthem is worth it.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Count me in as one who wants the change.

But the change is much more than the slides

Playmakers

Lime and Coconut

New Solarium areas 

Portside BBQ

El Loco Fresh

Music Hall

Giovanni's Wine Bar/Kitchen

Etc....

3 hours ago, renza said:

No Allure does not need the amplification. Why make it like all it’s sisters. We love it without  the big purple slide and love the diamond lounge. You are one of the few who want it changed 

3 hours ago, loman said:

Oasis class is the best for us , with Allure our favorite as it doesnt have the big slides yet . Pricing is good too most likely because of age and not being amped yet . That is a bonus for us. 😃

3 hours ago, STANCPA44 said:

Allure is by far my favorite ship,  I hope it never goes to amplification.   Love Sabor and the Diamond lounge.   Disappointed it will be going only on three day cruises out of Port Canaveral.  

I don’t think that Allure needs the amp to put water slides or the ultimate abyss in, but allure is last in the oasis class for me bc of the food. Don’t get me wrong the food is great on allure, but with the amp she could have Giovanni’s, El loco Fresh, Portside BBQ, and Playmakers. As well as all the other venues that I loved on Wonder

3 minutes ago, JP350 said:

I don’t think that Allure needs the amp to put water slides or the ultimate abyss in, but allure is last in the oasis class for me bc of the food. Don’t get me wrong the food is great on allure, but with the amp she could have Giovanni’s, El loco Fresh, Portside BBQ, and Playmakers. As well as all the other venues that I loved on Wonder

Unfortunately we can't pick and choose what features they'll update.

Food is definitely lacking, but slides are complete and sitting in storage. Their day is coming

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I will say that even though oasis class looks big on the outside the neighborhood concept really makes the ship feel small and manageable. Another thing that I like about the oasis class is their crowd management RCCL designers did a great job keeping crowds dispersed throughout the ship, and I would say that my oasis cruises were less crowded than the voyager/freedom cruises. Nothing agenst the voyager class as their great ships.

3 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Symphony is my favorite.

Anthem is my second favorite.

Technology, shows, activities... amazing...and beautiful ships. 

Symphony’s shows are what did it for me. Unpopular opinion though I really liked Flight better than Hairspray.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

We love Harmony & Symphony. No other cruise line can beat the Star Class Villa Suite that sleeps up to 14! We love Star Class and book Royal as often as we can. Prices have gone up considerably though.

I seriously don't know 14 people I'd share a cabin with🤣

3 in an A1 was crowded for me😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I seriously don't know 14 people I'd share a cabin with🤣

3 in an A1 was crowded for me😉

My SIL suggested the family suite on Wonder for next June's family cruise. FIL's response (to his daughter)...

"I'm not living with you!" 🤣

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, JP350 said:

Symphony’s shows are what did it for me. Unpopular opinion though I really liked Flight better than Hairspray.

Flight is better than Hairspray 😇

The Oasis version, however, is awful

Edited by John&LaLa

23 minutes ago, JP350 said:

Really enjoyed both...but DD and I did go to Flight a second time.

• Like 2