The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 25th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning  to all.Sloppy Joe's sound good for tonight and I think I will use the "crack pot" recipe.Thank you so much Debbie  @dfish

We have not been to the port and I like the look of log cabin homes.

@cat shepard, my niece ,Camilla 's  Grandma, says that Grandpa has always had a special connection with the baby.He is the secret weapon when babysitting! I will finally meet the baby in July.She is taking a few steps now,holding on.We are all so thrilled.

Take care everyone. 

Terry

• Like 32

Good morning everyone. It’s going to be 90 here today.DH is still in the hospital, on a steroid to prevent pneumonia. I’m going shopping today for the first time buying my own birthday cake for the event at the clubhouse tomorrow night. DH won’t be able to join us for Camelot tomorrow afternoon and two of my children of four of my grandchildren will be here for the show. It’s sold out and the last performance. It’s going to be 92 tomorrow so glad we will be inside in an air conditioned theater.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. Packing for our Bermuda cruise starts today, along with haircuts.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Growing up there was a log homes manufacturer in my hometown called Boyne Falls Log Homes that produced some spectacular log homes so hats off to log cabins.  I do like catfish, very tasty.  Can’t beat a good bartender.  Fun quote today.  I like the meal suggestion, the drink and the wine.  I have not been to today’s port, hopefully there will be a nice photo or two.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

image.jpeg.66d1da1af91aafd8468e61b74a295dd2.jpeg

• Like 25

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  The most spectacular log cabin I've ever seen was located at the north end of Flathead Lake, Montana and had been made from locally sourced tamarack trees.  It really wasn't a cabin, it was a mansion, but it really left an impression on me.  We've had catfish, but weren't impressed enough to order it again.  Yay for the bartenders and mixologists; sure wish we were on a BHB and could enjoy their company again!

It's a cool and windy morning out there today - we had more rain overnight.  Hopefully the temps will go up so we can enjoy warm days and cool nights this summer.  At least the rain is helping replenish the parched soil from last year's drought.

@StLouisCruisersI'm delighted to hear your DH made bail!  Let's hope you both have enough energy to be able to enjoy the rest of your days of the cruise.

@Quartzsite CruiserI'm pleased to learn that your DH enjoyed the pie (which looked lovely); today I'm going to get some frozen orange juice concentrate and make an orange pie.  We'll see what happens.

@Crazy For CatsBon Voyage!!

@JazzyVI hope your leg issue is short-lived!

@mamaofamisorry Sam's still in hospital and that he won't be able to celebrate your birthday with you tomorrow.

There's not a lot on our agenda today, so I think it's time I took a good look at the guest bedrooms and got them cleaned up and ready for next week's guests.  DS and his family (yay, the grandsons are coming !!!) will be here on Thursday night or Friday, so we've got to relocate some of the stuff we've been storing in both rooms.  

I like today's menu suggestion - and really like @rafinmd's alternate (one of my favourite, actually), but I think I'll make sloppy Joe's with ground beef for dinner tonight.  Served up with a crunchy coleslaw, it will be an easy dinner on a summer evening for us.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and all who are giving them aid.  We'll celebrate all on the happy list with the clinking of glasses tonight.  Stay well, get your boosters, wear masks when needed and be safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. It’s going to be 90 here today.DH is still in the hospital, on a steroid to prevent pneumonia. I’m going shopping today for the first time buying my own birthday cake for the event at the clubhouse tomorrow night. DH won’t be able to join us for Camelot tomorrow afternoon and two of my children of four of my grandchildren will be here for the show. It’s sold out and the last performance. It’s going to be 92 tomorrow so glad we will be inside in an air conditioned theater.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Happy birthday tomorrow Carol.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 14

Good morning! I enjoy a good Sloppy Joe now and then. Fried catfish if cooked well is really good but our Northern friends got us beat with those delicious Walleyes.

Feel like going back to bed. I have been staying up late watching movies on my guy’s list

Not any plans today. So maybe just stay home and have discussions with Alexa!😁 She’s a good listener!

@StLouisCruisersSandi was happy to hear you both are now free. It will take a few days to adapt away from those morning and afternoon naps which are so common is quarantine:

Rich thanks for the Fleet Report and thanks to all for your Daily contributions.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

We are just back from a three-day trip to DH's 89 yr old sister's whose 68 yr old son, Curt, you have held in your prayers. It is a very difficult situation.

In addition to his physical injuries, he has developed on-going mental confusion. There is no explanation but it may be a combination of oxygen depravation during the lung crushing mower accident, the lasting effects surgical anesthesia can sometimes have on older patients, and the 'less than brain healthy choices' he made during his 30 years as a roadie with an internationally traveling rock band.

No matter, he is unable to make decisions and his brother has been appointed his guardian. DH's sister could have been appointed but with mobility limitations and not driving, she is not up to the task. When physically ready, Curt will be moved to a rehab. 

DH's sister plans to sell her beloved lakeside property and move to a senior living apartment. She had hoped to remain on the lake, but she recognizes she can not give the care he will need and he is no longer able to assist her.

It is very difficult but will be on-going. So, @rafinmd, perhaps DH's nephew should move to the Rotation.

I need to catch up on the past few days of The Fleet & Daily. Please know that I thank you ALL for your prayers. And, as I catch up, I will say my 🙏prayers🙏 and shout my 🎉hallelujahs🎉 for you!

-Melisa

• Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Good Morning All,

Love the quote and sloppy joes. My spaghetti sauce is thick enough to be served that way. (The noodles are more of an afterthought, and not a delivery agent.) Now that you brought up sloppy Joe’s, I’m even considering dropping our planned spaghetti and instead serving it on rolls ( for our trip).

Half of us are packed, and 95% of the community stuff is also. So I’m going to try and minimize the repacking and re-editing dither I tend to go through before we leave. During the night I realized with our summer weather I had lost the concept of 50 degree nights, so will add in a warm up suit. So tomorrow at this time we’re planning to be well on our way. We want to beat the heat going through Vegas.

@StLouisCruisers congratulations, you are free!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

We are just back from a three-day trip to DH's 89 yr old sister's whose 68 yr old son, Curt, you have held in your prayers. It is a very difficult situation.

In addition to his physical injuries, he has developed on-going mental confusion. There is no explanation but it may be a combination of oxygen depravation during the lung crushing mower accident, the lasting effects surgical anesthesia can sometimes have on older patients, and the 'less than brain healthy choices' he made during his 30 years as a roadie with an internationally traveling rock band.

No matter, he is unable to make decisions and his brother has been appointed his guardian. DH's sister could have been appointed but with mobility limitations and not driving, she is not up to the task. When physically ready, Curt will be moved to a rehab. 

DH's sister plans to sell her beloved lakeside property and move to a senior living apartment. She had hoped to remain on the lake, but she recognizes she can not give the care he will need and he is no longer able to assist her.

It is very difficult but will be on-going. So, @rafinmd, perhaps DH's nephew should move to the Rotation.

I need to catch up on the past few days of The Fleet & Daily. Please know that I thank you ALL for your prayers. And, as I catch up, I will say my 🙏prayers🙏 and shout my 🎉hallelujahs🎉 for you!

-Melisa

Dear Melisa,

I'm heartbroken for your family. I will add all of you to my prayer book. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the fleet report.  I’ll celebrate bartender day today on a BHB.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good but I’m planning on clothesline bacon and steak in the Pinnacle Grill tonight.  Mona, aka 3am alarm clock, had me awake way too early.  Will do some last minute packing, electronics,  and top off the food and water bowls.  Our ride is set to arrive at 10 to pick us up.

I hope that everyone has a good Saturday.

image.png.1e737149085446511bed9d693165894d.png

Stay  safe  and  have  a  wonderful cruise.

Jim.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the fleet report.  I’ll celebrate bartender day today on a BHB.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good but I’m planning on clothesline bacon and steak in the Pinnacle Grill tonight.  Mona, aka 3am alarm clock, had me awake way too early.  Will do some last minute packing, electronics,  and top off the food and water bowls.  Our ride is set to arrive at 10 to pick us up.

I hope that everyone has a good Saturday.

image.png.1e737149085446511bed9d693165894d.png

Wishing you an amazing cruise.

Graham.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.Sloppy Joe's sound good for tonight and I think I will use the "crack pot" recipe.Thank you so much Debbie  @dfish

We have not been to the port and I like the look of log cabin homes.

@cat shepard, my niece ,Camilla 's  Grandma, says that Grandpa has always had a special connection with the baby.He is the secret weapon when babysitting! I will finally meet the baby in July.She is taking a few steps now,holding on.We are all so thrilled.

Take care everyone. 

Terry

Terry that was one sweet photo of Camilla and grandpa you posted!  You must be excited to finally get a chance to see her in person soon.  Give her a squeeze and a hug from me.👶

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

@StLouisCruisers Glad to hear you are both out of covid jail. Maybe I will see you around the ship.

I hope I recognize you with a mask and all!  I saw Kay and Jim today a few times. 

I've been wondering if you ladies noticed your skin taking a beating on this cruise?  Mine is rough and bumpy from low humidity, I guess, somewhere.  Not sure if it's the ship's air or Norway but I rather think the ship.  I had bumpy textured skin in Antarctica where it's so dry, but this is even worse!  I am using up lots of skin lotions but still feel like elephant skin.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet report and all the contributors.

I like log cabins. I don't eat catfish. A salute to bartenders and mixologists! Cute quote.

I like the meal, and substitute ground turkey for ground beef a lot. I like the drink and wine. I'm making low carb chili today using ground turkey.

I haven't been to Guaymas. Thanks for the pictures.

It's going to be hot here today with air quality issues, so I'm inside for the day, after watering plants first thing this morning. I went to bed early last night to try to elevate my leg. My efforts all day weren't great and the leg had swelling and was painful by evening. I'd hoped to be able to put on the compression stocking today, but it's not ready for that. So I used an ace bandage for gentle compression, and have rigged up a new setup for elevating it while downstairs. Next week's injection may have to be delayed because of the infection - I need to clarify with the Rheumatologist.

@StLouisCruisers Great news that DH is finally negative! Great view from your balcony. Enjoy the rest of the cruise together and try not to overdo it.

@Crazy For Cats Bon Voyage!

@grapau27 Love your garden room. The lunch looks yummy. Great that your knee has almost no pain now.

@rafinmd Thanks for the inclusion on the Care List.

@smitty34877 So exciting that Camilla is taking a few steps. Watch out, she'll be everywhere soon!

@mamaofami Best wishes for DH avoiding pneumonia. Enjoy your celebrations tomorrow.

@HAL Sailer So sorry to hear of Curt's mental difficulties on top of his physical injuries. Prayers for his recovery. Sad to hear that DH's sister will have to give up her lakeside house, but it seems necessary given the conditions. 

@TiogaCruiser Safe travels!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

Melisa, that sounds like a tough situation.  I'm sure everyone will do whatever they can to help Curt, his brother the guardian and Curt's Mother.  Prayers for all as they move forward.🙏

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyite family. Thanks to everyone for caring and sharing. I’m still trying to catch up with reading the Daily/Fleet Reports. 

It’s going to be hot (again) today. I’ll be going to a funeral of a family friend this morning, and then a potluck with my bible study this afternoon. I have my macaroni salad ready and I’m bringing another bowl for ice to set the salad in. 

I’ve got my suitcases out for my trip to Amsterdam (3 days) and then boarding the Rotterdam.  I keep checking to be sure the flights are still there. Got a scare a couple weeks ago when the first leg was GONE but luckily it was back in less than 24 hours. Whew!

• Like 22