Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

I’d like to suggest that we start a thread where those who receive emailed promos from Viking post them.  

IFrom what I can determine, Viking doesn’t always include everyone on their mailing list with all promo emails. We lucked out and got the one for our upcoming (🤞if it’s not canceled) Hong Kong to Bangkok cruise but we really want to go on this cruise next summer but prefer to book with a promo code. 

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/iceland-norway-arctic-explorer/index.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I’d like to suggest that we start a thread where those who receive emailed promos from Viking post them.  

IFrom what I can determine, Viking doesn’t always include everyone on their mailing list with all promo emails. We lucked out and got the one for our upcoming (🤞if it’s not canceled) Hong Kong to Bangkok cruise but we really want to go on this cruise next summer but prefer to book with a promo code. 

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/iceland-norway-arctic-explorer/index.html

Great idea. I was getting 2-3 emails a week with Promo Codes but once I booked a voyage utilizing a great Promo Code over Memorial Day weekend , the emails from Viking have stopped. I thought that was strange.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keokukjoe said:

Great idea. I was getting 2-3 emails a week with Promo Codes but once I booked a voyage utilizing a great Promo Code over Memorial Day weekend , the emails from Viking have stopped. I thought that was strange.

Same experience.

Have found that, since I look at CC - V board, V marketing ads follow me around on various websites I use.  Yahoo Finance, for example, had a V River ad, offering a $25 deposit, and maybe free air on some offered sailings.   Clicking on a "special offer" ad, will take you to that promo.  May or may not have received a direct V email for that offer.  

Edited by FetaCheese
addl info

Just to make this tread interesting-

I have complained numerous times to Viking about this.

The only rational to me is that Viking does not value loyalty.

Is it really fair that I pay more than the passenger in the next cabin solely because I have a future cruise upcoming every time I sail with them?

• Like 4

Following. Thanks Clay this is a super idea!

Currently waiting at the Airport for my flight out to FINALLY take my FIRST Viking Cruise. 

It was a 4:40 flight. Now 7:12. 

Hoping 1 hour 20 min. Will let me make that connection in AMS. 

Maybe they will make up some time in the air. 

It’s all part of the journey. 

All shall be well. 

I hope! 

1 hour ago, Liz Masterson said:

Currently waiting at the Airport for my flight out to FINALLY take my FIRST Viking Cruise. 

All shall be well. 

I hope! 

Hope you have a great cruise!

have you looked into a Plan B. My niece had a flight delayed several times in one day and then was canceled…had to help her find a replacement flight for the next day. If I was you, I’d figure out a couple of alternatives but then I’m a worrier like that. 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Same experience.

Have found that, since I look at CC - V board, V marketing ads follow me around on various websites I use.  Yahoo Finance, for example, had a V River ad, offering a $25 deposit, and maybe free air on some offered sailings.   Clicking on a "special offer" ad, will take you to that promo.  May or may not have received a direct V email for that offer.  

Unfortunately, those are just "offers" that anyone can see and are no where as good as the Promo Codes. What we are looking for are the special "Promo Codes " that Viking emails, like the MEM22 code we both used. These are not publicly advertised. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Hope you have a great cruise!

have you looked into a Plan B. My niece had a flight delayed several times in one day and then was canceled…had to help her find a replacement flight for the next day. If I was you, I’d figure out a couple of alternatives but then I’m a worrier like that. 😂

It’s here. The crew is here. I’ve slotted extra travel time. But yes. I have some plans. 

I wish Viking would not be so stubborn about being flexible about people arriving to their embarkation point a few days early! Just makes sense these days!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

All shall be well. 

I hope! 

Hope all goes well with your flights. My favorite thing about a Viking cruise is that every time you sit down, someone is asking you if you want something to drink. I always ask for sparkling water with lime. Be sure you try the brandied cherry gelato. They don't have it every day. And don't miss the pastries at the bar in the living room. They change every other day. The almond croissant is only one of their awesome treats. If you do laundry, the symbols on the machines are European and confusing. But the chart on the wall, which we did not see at first, has easy to understand instructions. Have a fabulous cruise!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

All shall be well. 

I hope! 

Hoping you are well on your way and make your connection without a problem. 
However, if you’re delayed much longer, you should be entitled to EU261 compensation. 

1 hour ago, cruisedreamer2 said:

If you do laundry, the symbols on the machines are European and confusing. But the chart on the wall, which we did not see at first, has easy to understand instructions.

Not all laundry rooms have the chart on the wall! There’s a thread on CC from last summer I think that has pictures of the icons with translations.

3 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

Unfortunately, those are just "offers" that anyone can see and are no where as good as the Promo Codes. What we are looking for are the special "Promo Codes " that Viking emails, like the MEM22 code we both used. These are not publicly advertised. 

Thanks, Joe.  Didn't know they were 2 different types.

Edited by FetaCheese

I almost never get a promo code!!!  Must be because we almost always have cruise booked. This is a GREAT idea Clay!!!  I especially want Free SSP!

• Like 2

On the Viking.com home page, if you scroll down to near the bottom, there is a sign up button:

Stay current with special offers, news and destination-focused content.

I just signed up with an alternate email address. Maybe this will work?

It won't. Already tried.

And Tobiquexxxx- The Viking agent would have put you on the general email list.  In my extensive experience, they all claim not to know about these promotions.

So, where are those promotion codes?

22 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Wonder if there will be any July 4th special promos….

I'm in the same boat... no promos whenever i have a future cruise booked (which is most of the time.  I just saw a July 4th promo on facebook.  OLM4.  Not clear on what exactly it can be applied toward, but think there are some limited Mediterranean ocean cruises it can be used.

Just now, ro156542 said:

I'm in the same boat... no promos whenever i have a future cruise booked (which is most of the time.  I just saw a July 4th promo on facebook.  OLM4.  Not clear on what exactly it can be applied toward, but think there are some limited Mediterranean ocean cruises it can be used.

Was this on the official Viking facebook page?

Just now, keokukjoe said:

Was this on the official Viking facebook page?

Not exactly.  it came up as i was scrolling through FB...and was a Viking ad..  Cant find it again, but wrote down the promo code.