Covid on ACL CONSTITUTION

Izena

Currently on the Constitution.   Thursday 6/23 All guests were tested for covid prior to boarding ship.  At least 3 guests  tested positive.  Never on the ship.

Monday it was announced that  several guests and a crew member were tested positive - guests quarantined in their rooms.  There are new cases almost daily no announcements. Masks are optional for guests crew are required but don’t wear properly.   
cruise before ours  had covid  heard numbers are 26 guests.  When all is said and done we will have about the same. 
this should not be happening.  I’m concerned about  covid protocol.  I have not been sick -  I don’t have housekeepers come into my room. 

due to these issues will not cruise ACL again .

Not sure you can blame the cruise line.  Covid is EVERYWHERE, and probably will continue until just about everyone gets it.  Fortunately, it is usually mild for those who have been vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

Not sure you can blame the cruise line.  Covid is EVERYWHERE, and probably will continue until just about everyone gets it.  Fortunately, it is usually mild for those who have been vaccinated.

I agree.  Covid is well on its way to becoming endemic like influenza, and it's up to each individual to protect themselves.  Given the incubation period, I'm not surprised that people who tested positive at the beginning of the cruise developed disease a few days later.

• Like 2

Returned home yesterday July 3rd.  Constitution.  
Basic review

excursions  - we did a  few  of the city explorations which were narrated bus tours.  // bring several bottles per person of water, no cruise staff on my excursions,  some the drivers were also narrating the tour 
 Portland was interesting.  Did have stop to stretch legs walk, portapotties 

Bucksport long bus ride to Bar Harbor. (Bus going had working AC return bus AC was broken  long bus ride hot miserable)  we were driven into bar harbor  switched to a trolley tour of Acadia National park.  Interesting and weird.  We made 3 stops in the park  — per park rules once a vehicle has stopped and the last person  exits the vehicle must be loaded and moving in 15 minutes or gets a hefty fine.  Bathrooms available  on 2 , 3 stop  but will be all you have time to do.  Last stop was at visitors center  but really not any time to shop or explore. 

we didn’t get to boothbay harbor  by ship water too rough (that port requires a tender to get off ship.  Nor Provincetown due to storms ( had been told night before that a lot of Covid on island and to wear masks)

my biased opinion was the “city explorations”  should be renamed the homes of the rich and famous.  

I was happy that every stop we made had  plenty of time to get off ship and take a walk.   I walked  2-3 miles every morning.