Galveston Parking

scubaslayer

Just a heads up since I stumbled across this change, there is no longer free port parking for disabled veterans and purple heart recipients. It is now a 15% discount. It would have been a surprise for us when we arrive to sail since it was free parking last time we were there. Apparently this changed in 2021(?) so I am sure it might catch others by surprise.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 12:38 PM, scubaslayer said:

Just a heads up since I stumbled across this change, there is no longer free port parking for disabled veterans and purple heart recipients. It is now a 15% discount. It would have been a surprise for us when we arrive to sail since it was free parking last time we were there. Apparently this changed in 2021(?) so I am sure it might catch others by surprise.

Yep.  And it's not just disabled for a 15% discount, you must be at least 50% Disabled AND you must enroll in their rewards program.  In the Port of Galveston, your service only counts if you are a 50% disabled Vet.  Check out question #1 below:

https://www.portofgalveston.com/FormCenter/Disabled-Veteran-Discount-Request-Form-4/Disabled-Veterans-Purple-Heart-Recipient-37

Form Center

Search Forms:

Select a Category
By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Disabled Veterans & Purple Heart Recipients Discount Form

1. Check Box If:
    I certify that I am a Disabled Veteran with a minimum of 50% service-related disability or a Purple Heart Recipient.
    1. yes
  2. Check Box If:
    I certify that I am a requesting a parking space for myself as a disabled veteran and not for the use of another person.
    1. yes
  3. First Name*

4. Last Name*

5. Address1

6. Address2

7. State

8. Zip

9. City

10. Upload supporting document*

Upload Award Letter showing service-connected disability of 50% or higher OR DD-214 showing that the individual was a recipient of a Purple Heart Medal.

11. Identification Documentation*

Drivers license or state-issued ID must match the name on the DD-214 or Award Letter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1