CVS PCR

claudia814

48 minutes ago, claudia814 said:

Now that the “Up 2 Date” Covid test is three days before cruise, I’m wondering if the CVS 1-2 day results comes in on time? Thanks a lot. 

CVS just takes and monitors the sampling. They're done with it after that.  They say that the lab will return results in 1-2 days.  I don't know about CVS, though they are who we are going through this week, but in the past with county agencies and hospitals, we've normally received results within 24-48 hours (usually less than 48.)

• Thanks 1

My husband did PCR test with CVS on a Saturday at 4PM. Results came back on Monday at 5am. This was actually after  a cruise and he was very sick. Only place we could get an appt. on short notice.Tested negative . Turned out wasn't Covid but he did pick up a bug on the cruise.

We have appts. this Wednesday at 9am for PCR at CVS for a cruise on Saturday. If we don't have  the results back by early morning on Friday we will then take a rapid test antigen  but we would have to pay for it. Right now the CVS test is free.

• Thanks 2

CVS sends out the test samples to external labs-- all my insurance claims come back with one claim for CVS MinuteClinic, and another claim with the name of the lab. That being said, I've always gotten my test results back within 48 hours of taking the sample, usually less. The last 2-3 times I've taken PCRs from them, I got the results 24 hours later.

We have a walkup kiosk testing place near our home.  Many like these around the country.

I go there & do PCR test 3 days before our cruise.  I have found their results to arrive in 2 days.

(I went there couple weeks ago to test again, and see how long it takes.)

When you get results day before ship leaves, doesn't leave a lot of extra time....

We always have the Binaxnow Monitored test kits on hand to take the day before our cruise,

in case  PCR results don't arrive back in time.