Celebrity is NOT currently hosting Cruise Critic parties onboard ships

Host Anne

There has been a lot of confusion recently about Cruise Critic parties onboard Celebrity ships.  Unfortunately, Celebrity is still not hosting our parties at this time.  It seems that if you "search" for a party link on Celebrity's website, one can be found and you can enter your information and receive an email confirmation.  However, while the link may work, Celebrity is not hosting the parties.

As soon as we receive word that the parties will be offered again, I will post here and you'll again see the sign up links on our Cruise Critic roll calls.

Members are free to set a time and a place to gather onboard through your roll calls.  I've done that for several cruises in the past year.  My suggestion is to avoid lounges that are typically used during the day for ship activities.  If you select somewhere outdoors for sailaway or something earlier in the morning (say 9:00 AM) on a sea day, you can likely avoid other ship activities.

I hope this clears up confusion that is currently out there.  Watch here for updates when they are available.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 11

I hope they resume this. I have always loved the meet and greets

We are Susan and Howard and will be on the Eclipse Nov 3 2022 Australia trip. I would be happy to help set something together if Celebrity doesn't step up to the plate on this

Susan

On 7/7/2022 at 6:07 PM, Host Anne said:

There has been a lot of confusion recently about Cruise Critic parties onboard Celebrity ships.  Unfortunately, Celebrity is still not hosting our parties at this time.  It seems that if you "search" for a party link on Celebrity's website, one can be found and you can enter your information and receive an email confirmation.  However, while the link may work, Celebrity is not hosting the parties.

As soon as we receive word that the parties will be offered again, I will post here and you'll again see the sign up links on our Cruise Critic roll calls.

Members are free to set a time and a place to gather onboard through your roll calls.  I've done that for several cruises in the past year.  My suggestion is to avoid lounges that are typically used during the day for ship activities.  If you select somewhere outdoors for sailaway or something earlier in the morning (say 9:00 AM) on a sea day, you can likely avoid other ship activities.

I hope this clears up confusion that is currently out there.  Watch here for updates when they are available.

Hopefully by October

Thank, Host Anne.

Folks, there's little need for Celebrity to "host" a Cruise Critic gathering.  It's very easy to have your roll call meet up at sailaway, at a pre-designated spot (usually a bar or open pool area), with their mardi gras beads as identifiers.  It's a casual and fun way to meet others in your roll call.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sprowlie said:

We are Susan and Howard and will be on the Eclipse Nov 3 2022 Australia trip. I would be happy to help set something together if Celebrity doesn't step up to the plate on this

Susan

Susan....I recommend posting something on your roll call by mid-September to select a day, location and time for a gathering if Celebrity hasn't brought the CC parties back by then.  I see Julia just posted the same thing above.  🙂

On 7/13/2022 at 11:19 PM, sprowlie said:

Susan

Doubt they will be back any time soon with the Cruise Critic party 

We are on the TransPacific Cruise on Eclipse on the 3rd Oct for 19 Days from Honolulu to Sydney. We are planning to hold our Cruise Critic Party on Sailaway from Honolulu with roughly 120 in attendance 

Scouser 66 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:08 PM, baypeople said:

Very sad to hear this.  It's a great way to meet people and to find folks with similar interests.

On your roll call, ask around with them, perhaps if enough interest, you can plan one on your own

After being told there was no CC party on our May Millennium cruise, they did indeed host one.  The ship received an email from Celebrity that they were indeed back on.  As they had not pulled the list of names prior to the cruise, I provided the Roll Call list for our cruise.  Sorry to hear that they are having problems with this again as they had a wonderful get together for us.

Diane

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to a few connection parties.

Most of the the talks were about their organized private tours by the organizers in front of the officer.

They totally forgot Celebrity is having a shore excursions office.

I don't blame Celebrity stop holding the party in future. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Valen9 said:

I just checked the board for my Solstice cruise on August 19 and there's one scheduled.  I'm guessing they're back on even if that isn't the official line.

What do you mean that you "checked the board"?

On 8/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, mahdnc said:

What do you mean that you "checked the board"?

I think the listing of events at the hotel desk onboard. That’s a good place to look, if you don’t receive an invitation in your stateroom (if you did sign up, and if they do indeed happen).

Thx for telling us, valen9.