-+transportation to airport

old man 1010

I have read that there is delays and long line leaving the  Seattle port. We are planning on taking a taxis to the airport, has anyone had experiences with the delays and long lines? Or does anyone have suggestions  on how or whats the best way to get the the airport? We are not familiar with the port or airport so any assistance.

thanks..

1 hour ago, old man 1010 said:

We are planning on taking a taxis to the airport, has anyone had experiences with the delays and long lines? Or does anyone have suggestions  on how or whats the best way to get the the airport? We are not familiar with the port or airport so any assistance.

Uber or Lyft in Seattle will cut down on wait times and make your trip much more predicable. I've found them much faster and easier in Seattle when I'm there over the past year or so. Taxis were already on the decline there pre covid and taxis haven't really recovered. 

Pier 91:

If spending a few dollars more isn't an issue, I'd recommend a taxi vs Uber/Lyft for getting back to the airport. The location to get a taxi is a much shorter walk and the lines weren't long at all when we disembarked on Sunday - less than a 5 minute wait. It's a bit of a hike to get to the pick-up area for ride shares, and then you need to connect with your driver (vs just taking the next taxi available). We were quoted $55 flat fare for a taxi to the airport.

I don't have specific feedback on Pier 66.

If your flight time and airline qualify, I'd recommend using (free) Port Valet for your luggage - you can find more info on that by searching this forum.

You WILL encounter long security lines in the airport. If you cannot bypass via TSA Precheck or Clear (or a business class ticket), and your flight is prior to 1pm, I'd recommend using SEA Spot Saver to get a TSA appointment time and avoid the lines.

pier 66 is inside the downtown hotel zone and when you look at most any taxi you will see a flat rate of $40.  Apparently some cabs offer a flat rate from Pier 91 but its not an 'official thing'. but that would be easy.  You can book a shuttle on

seattleexpress.com

as they leave every 30 minutes and that might be your easiest if cab lines are long.