Transfer Panama City to Colon cruise port

terry&mike

14 hours ago, BillB48 said:

If you are staying at a hotel in the Casco Antiguo I think you best bet would see what the hotel could offer.

Thank you, I will reach out to them. I've used Uber successfully around Panama City on land trips in the past, but think I want to have something pre-arranged. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, v3cruiser said:

How long of a trip is it from panama city to cruise port in fuente armador? Im looking for hotels.

Are you talking about the Terminal Cruceros de Amador (Amador Cruise Terminal)? If so, that is on the Panama City side, around 25 minutes from Old Town, and easily reached by Uber or taxi.  

I am heading to the cruise terminal in Colon, across the peninsula, which is about 1 to 1.5 hours away from Panama City, depending on traffic. 

2 hours ago, v3cruiser said:

How long of a trip is it from panama city to cruise port in fuente armador? Im looking for hotels.

Depends a lot on just where in Panama City you start from.  For example if you are starting from the Casco Antiguo (terry&mike referred to as Old Town), 25 minutes a good estimate.  Coming from the airport maybe put on another 25.  There is a Radisson on the mainland portion of Ft. Amador, which I have stayed at when it was a Country Inns and Suites.  It was decent.  I was just looking at a facility called The Beach House on one of the islands at the end of the Causeway in Ft. Amador.  That one is practically within walking distance of the cruise port terminal.  That's new since I was last there.

Beyond that Panama has any number of hotels to fit most everyone's taste and budget.

Edited by BillB48

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 10:16 AM, terry&mike said:

Can anyone recommend a private transfer company for a transfer from Panama City Old Town to the Colon cruise port?

Have you found any options?  We are booked at the Radisson and in my initial email they said they could arrange transportation but all subsequent emails sent asking them how to go about booking have been unanswered. 

46 minutes ago, jtdlmc said:

Have you found any options?  We are booked at the Radisson and in my initial email they said they could arrange transportation but all subsequent emails sent asking them how to go about booking have been unanswered. 

If you are booked at the Radisson Panama Canal, which is the one on Ft. Amador it would be easy to get a cab to take you to the cruise terminal.  Really is not too terribly far away.  Sometimes following through on correspondence is not their strong point.

21 minutes ago, BillB48 said:

If you are booked at the Radisson Panama Canal, which is the one on Ft. Amador it would be easy to get a cab to take you to the cruise terminal.  Really is not too terribly far away.  Sometimes following through on correspondence is not their strong point.

We are sailing from Colon.  Any idea of the approximate cost of a cab?  In their initial email the Radisson said their transportation would be $75 for two people which I think is a good price for a 1.5 hour drive.  

20 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

No, but I haven’t reached out to any transfer companies or the hotel yet. I will probably do so 3 months or so before my sailing.