Galveston - Hotel parking while cruising?

betsyl

Are there hotels in Galveston that offer cruise parking if you stay there the night before embarkation? I’m looking at a March 2023 cruise and will be driving in the day before. Would like to take a shuttle or Uber from the hotel to the cruise terminal, leaving my car in the hotel lot for 10 days. Thank you. 

We've stayed at a bunch of hotels in Galveston but keep returning to the Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach for our pre-cruise stay. They do offer free cruise parking as long as you spend the night before boarding - or at least they did as recently as December 2021. 

If you're looking for the Ritz, this ain't it. But, for $160/night, it's not too bad for a pre-cruise overnight. The staff is super friendly and helpful.

On 7/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, Nike4000 said:

We've stayed at a bunch of hotels in Galveston but keep returning to the Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach for our pre-cruise stay. They do offer free cruise parking as long as you spend the night before boarding - or at least they did as recently as December 2021. 

If you're looking for the Ritz, this ain't it. But, for $160/night, it's not too bad for a pre-cruise overnight. The staff is super friendly and helpful.

Do they provide a shuttle when you leave your car there?

That's a great question & I do not know the answer to it. We do not use the hotel for cruise parking, just the stay. They always ask if we're leaving our vehicle and we choose not to.

Call the hotel, they're super friendly and will give you the best information directly. 

We stay at the hotel, then the morning of the cruise we head over to the Sunflower Bakery & Café for breakfast. After stuffing our faces, we drive to Galveston Park N Cruise, drop off the car & walk to the port. 

Edited by Nike4000

• 2 weeks later...

If you Google "Galveston hotels with cruise parking" there is a list.  The best price I found was with Beachcomber Inn, $154, free parking during cruise.  Reviews on trip advisor for this hotel are mainly good.  They don't have a shuttle, but Uber is $12 to cruise terminal.  We always stayed at Harbor House on Pier 21, but their prices have skyrocketed.  Room is about $350 and now instead of free parking they want $100, so had to find an alternative.

34 minutes ago, betsyl said:

The Beachfront Palms does not provide a shuttle. Also, I read somewhere that you can’t take Uber to the cruise port - only Lyft or a taxi. So that’s my plan. 

One may take Uber , but only to front gate of cruise terminals and not past Harborside St . Lyft and most others can enter gates and proceed to drop off at terminals doors for bags  and passengers . Uber by choice will not pay access fees to port lot and terminals through gate. 

• Like 1