Quantum stop in Papeete and Moorea - how do we maximize our time?

watcher_62

Hello! Our itinerary shows us stopping in Papeete for one day then it looks like we anchor off Moorea for an overnight and tender in.  Has anyone booked a hotel in Moorea and stayed off ship to enjoy the Island?  Any tour suggestions for either Island?  Looking for any recommendations to maximize our time there - Thanks!

If you are interested in island tours, on Tahiti(Papeete) I would highly recommend Fabrice and Tahiti Eden Tours. https://www.tahitiedentours.com/ We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Fabrice. Very prompt, knowledgeable and accommodating host with great knowledge of the island and it's history. On Moorea, we booked an island tour with Spirou, the  "Lady in Blue"   https://www.facebook.com/MADAMEBLEU2/.

There are certainly more adventurous things to do, like on Moorea we booked an ATV(Quad) tour that takes you around the island and up to Belvedere Lookout and Magic Mountain. You need to be comfortable driving an ATV on public roads and trails.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, FlightMedic555 said:

We also stayed post cruise at the Hilton on Moorea for 5 nights. We had a car.  We have seen all the sites many times. What interests you?  A shark and gray snorkel is great and ver popular, as is a,whale watching excursion in season. 

do you have any tours you can suggest

On Moorea you can either do a land based or a water based tour.  We don't jet ski but this is an option as well.  Many love the shark/ray snorkeling tours.  If you are looking to do something independently Moorea Water Games has a spectacular snorkel tour using a scooter.  It is super cool and the snorkeling is magnificent.  If you are doing a land based tour you can rent a car on your own, take a 4x4 tour or even an e-bike tour.  Most of the land based tours stop at the Belevedere Outlook, the agricultural school for jams and ice cream and the juice factory.

https://www.mooreawatergames.com/en/

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, coopster said:

do you have any tours you can suggest

I'm a snorkeler so my suggestions are going to be limited to that unfortunately. In Papeete  you can take a taxi to marina Taina (8 min away) and do Tahiti Lagoon Paradise tours. You can choose a variety of locations to snorkel with the captain (it's private just you two or two others as well),but we always do the shipwrecks and turtles. There's poor snorkeling on the big island of Tahiti, but the captain has his secret places that are amazing.

In Moorea there's Moorea Moana tours- whales in season June-October, wonderful snorkeling. Mermaid Moorea if you want a private day snorkeling.  Then there's Moorea Voile for 1/2 or full day on the catamaran Taboo. Jet-ski, Moorea  Activities Center. For a luxurious treat at a reasonable price, do a day stay at the Hilton Moorea. Lovely place, fantastic lunch, some of the best snorkeling on Moorea. Last time for us it was $90/pp. All of these places will pick you up at the pier except for Hilton Moorea- taxi only about $20 and 10-15 min away depending on what your pier is.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FlightMedic555 said:

We stayed at the Hilton Moorea a few weeks ago. I asked at the desk about a day rate as we had done this on a previous cruise. I was told that they no longer offer this. 

Thanks - have been emailing them periodically...

On 7/23/2022 at 7:36 PM, FlightMedic555 said:

We stayed at the Hilton Moorea a few weeks ago. I asked at the desk about a day rate as we had done this on a previous cruise. I was told that they no longer offer this. 

Curiousier and curiousier. Was quoted a rate just yesterday for our cruise beginning next week. As usual in Tahiti it's when you ask, who you ask, and whatever which way the wind blows!